Thread: Oculus rift or SLI

Default Oculus rift or SLI

Every check I put aside $150 into a separate savings account and use it as a gaming account all my hardware, games, software, pre orders come from that account but oculus just released pre orders for the dk2 1080p model I have enough for it in my account but on the flip side I want to be able to three way or at least two way sli my GTX 770 and get my larger case by January so I'm a little torn at the moment. Suggestions?

Well you can always 2 way sli. Then use the extra money you save to get the Oculus rift later. On my topic Elite Dangerous there a video of the Oculus Rift using while flying in Elite.

Neither. SLI is only helpful if you need more than the current best available card to drive large resolutions. Otherwise it just gets in the way.
    Oculus is still lacking applications for end users it seems. Might be fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawuko View Post
    Neither. SLI is only helpful if you need more than the current best available card to drive large resolutions. Otherwise it just gets in the way.
    Oculus is still lacking applications for end users it seems. Might be fun though.
    you know when I play Elite Dangerous on one card I get around 40fps note this is a older computer and a older graphics cards. But when enable my card and get 70 fps it worth it.

Another 770 is 230W more under full load. Aside the fact that I can't think of anything that wouldn't work with 1080p and 4xsgssaa or 4k with one.

If you really want it get the Oculus Rift, but as mentioned already it's rarely supported and usually a fiddling adventure to get it working, then just get it. It's a nice start for a VR feeling, so that's nice. If the price is worth it for you.

And if you really need some more frames OC the 770. There's room for 80-150 more core frequency and 100-150mhz(x4)ram at stock voltage with a good cooler. And get a 870 or preferably a 970 when it comes out.
    Last edited by daLira; 20-Jul-2014 at 17:10.

Save the money, build a wicked sweet custom water cooling loop and overclock the sin out of your current CPU and GPU