Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milk and betwetting

Default Milk and betwetting

I've read on here and a few other places that milk makes you wet the bed.

Has this happened to anyone on here?

Once and have tried it several times in the past, I would call it a "coincidence". I can't tell if it's true or not.

I've heard that before, I was never able to find any truth to it though. When I was a bedwetter I tried not drinking milk before bed, but it didn't help. Didn't seem to matter what I drank before I'd go to bed, milk, water, or even nothing at all, I still wet the bed.

Now that I no longer wet the bed I often drink milk before bed and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

...Seriously >_> Use common sense It will not effect you it is just like drinking water before bed. Same chance as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    ...Seriously >_> Use common sense It will not effect you it is just like drinking water before bed. Same chance as that.
    Hey...there are stranger things out there. I think it's a valid question.

I know of no scientific evidence one way or the other. However, I was expected to drink milk every morning and evening before I went to bed, for the calcium, until I was about 8, and I have never ever wet the bed. Only an anecdote, but if we get enough it is possible we could spot if there was a trend.

Well, it sounds like wishful thinking (for some, at least,) but no reason why we couldn't try it in the name of science. The good folk of Adisc are better prepared than most to try such things.

I'm a heavy milk drinker, but never experienced bed wetting from it. It may have only been coincidental.

I drank a lot of milk before but its never caused me to wet the bed. I also do drink more of it that the average person, and it has nothing to do with being a AB or anything like that. It's just a lot better then most sodas.