Thread: Abri-form m4 better options

Default Abri-form m4 better options

Hi all I was about to order a pack of abri-from m4's
    Has any one got any opinions on anything that could be better for my money before I do
    Must be cloth backed
    Thanks

the cloth backed diapers are NOT a good thing at all they are a WASTE OF MONEY . anything cloth backed is prone to leaks. You will be sorry for getting any CLOTH backed anything period ! You will thank me for going with the plastic backed Abena Abri Form X-Plus aka M4is for ya acronym lovers out there . if you are a eco person I am sorry but Plastic is the only viable option to avoid any leaks- you must apply the diaper correct to avoid leaks and make sure you store your diapers in a smooth container and yes the plastic ones MAY leak but its a rarity due to manufacturing error. Please heed my advice. They are one of the two best adult diapers out there the OLD Dry 24-7's are the other ones that are excellent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bby View Post
    Hi all I was about to order a pack of abri-from m4's
    Has any one got any opinions on anything that could be better for my money before I do
    Must be cloth backed
    Thanks
    How about the Tena slip maxi?
    They have gone cloth backed are are as good as Abena in my opinion.

Cloth backed done right can be really, really good. Just as absorbent and more comfortable than plastic. That said, I'm not a fan of the cloth Abena Air M4. I find these to smell very strong and unpleasant, even when dry; as they get wet, even while well-hydrated, they smell worse. Last I tried them, they still used adhesive tapes on cloth backing, which doesn't work the greatest. The backing also leaks moisture to the outside if too wet (which isn't all that wet).

I would recommend the slightly cheaper Abena Delta Form M3 instead. They don't have issues with smell, don't wick moisture outside the cover, and they have very good Velcro tapes.

The USA Tena Super are also excellent, cloth backed with Velcro tapes. If you can find cloth backed European Tena Slip Maxi, those are probably also good, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

I haven't had any specific problems personally with the few cloth backed that I've tried. I once ordered an entire case of them by accident. (the old wellness ones) They worked about as well as the plastic version. But I don't care for the feel/look of clothlike, I want my plastic pants

One difference you'll notice is if it gets to bulging in your crotch, your thighs will be rubbing on cloth instead of plastic. This may be a good thing or a bad thing. Dry cloth is abrasive where dry plastic is smooth. (I'm talking on the outside, like due to sweat) On the other hand, cloth gets softer when wet, while plastic tends to start sticking and irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Cloth backed done right can be really, really good. Just as absorbent and more comfortable than plastic. That said, I'm not a fan of the cloth Abena Air M4. I find these to smell very strong and unpleasant, even when dry; as they get wet, even while well-hydrated, they smell worse. Last I tried them, they still used adhesive tapes on cloth backing, which doesn't work the greatest. The backing also leaks moisture to the outside if too wet (which isn't all that wet).

I would recommend the slightly cheaper Abena Delta Form M3 instead. They don't have issues with smell, don't wick moisture outside the cover, and they have very good Velcro tapes.

The USA Tena Super are also excellent, cloth backed with Velcro tapes. If you can find cloth backed European Tena Slip Maxi, those are probably also good, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
    Hi thanks for the reply where can I get the abena delta form m3 in the uk can anyone send me a link
    I would love Velcro tapes
    Thanks