Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nappies in Australia - Abri-Form M3s from Independence Australia

Default Nappies in Australia - Abri-Form M3s from Independence Australia

Some of you may have been following my recent journey into getting real nappies here in Australia, which I've covered in my threads. Essentially, I've exhausted what is available through the biggest/best pharmacy around (Chemist Warehouse), which is limited to TENA Pants and Molicare Mobile (both pull-ups).

As a bit of background (feel free to scroll past this paragraph), I'm a Uni student living at home with parents, who are mostly respectful of my privacy (mum will occasionally thoroughly clean my room for me if I don't clean it often enough). I do have a good hiding spot for my stash; but it can only fit ~10-15 nappies. Fortunately, I do have my own car (which only I have keys to). I can't ship nappies to home due to the package size which would raise parental suspicion (I mostly order small packets e.g. computer cables and such), but Australia Post (like USPS) offer "Parcel Lockers"; like a PO Box but better and free (24/7 Parcel Lockers - Australia Post). I have one of these at the PO near my Uni.

Depend Australia maintain a comprehensive list of stockists (most of whom stock other brands as well, including TENA, Lille, Moli, and Abri-Form): Online Retailers of Depend Products - Depend.com.au. I did some research and found that Independence Australia stock the Abri-Form M3, which whilst cloth-backed, is still many times better than the pull-ups I have been using.

Today, I happened to be in the Melbourne CBD for other business, and figured... why not take a trip to Brunswick (20 minute train ride from the CBD), where Independence Australia's showroom and warehouse are located.

Pleased to say that the experience was easy and pleasant. The cashier took my details (name, address, phone) and my order, without any comment or question as to the purpose (though she was very helpful to the person in front of me in recommending products for their needs). Once paid, you take your packing slip around to the warehouse and they fill the order for you.

I was pretty astounded when the warehouser came back with my two bags of M3's... 22 per bag, and the bags are HUGE and weigh a HEAP. 10 min walk to the station, 20 min train back to the CBD, 30 min to get to my station, walk to the carpark, and drive home. All in public. Fortunately, they gave me plastic carry bags, or I think I would have died.

There's no way I can bring them into my bedroom and store them; they're HUGE!! For now, they're in the boot (trunk) of my car. I just have to ensure that no-one else opens it, except me!

So at the end of the day, I have 44x M3s to use, in addition to my 8 remaining Molicare Mobiles. Wow!!

Pleased to say that I'm super happy with the size, fit, and feel. It's bulky when dry, but not too obviously so. I've wet three times and it's barely wet; the TENA/Moli Mobile would be at capacity by now. Couldn't be more pleased. Glad they're good, too - I've got quite the supply to use!

I know this thread doesn't add a whole lot, but hopefully a fellow Aussie AB/DL might find my insight useful, and help them to work up that courage to buy their own!

You have a good website there in OZ that sells some great looking nappies called Tottybots- They sell all the great stuff, You have all the favourites- Bambino, Fabine, Cuddlz ABU, and the ones I would like to order called Loveable diapers, they look cool. Wish there was a site in the UK that is as good as this.

I would love to order but not paying the massive shipping costs to get them over here.

You should check them out if you haven't already.!!

Quote Originally Posted by robbase View Post
    You have a good website there in OZ that sells some great looking nappies called Tottybots
    Thanks for the recommendation. Tottybots seem to be rather expensive, especially after factoring in the cost of shipping. It's something I'll definitely look into more, but for now I have an excellent stash!

Any medical supply store in aus seems to supply a pretty broad range of nappies. Ive been amazed at the sheer number of incontinence product supply stores in my little city of adelaide, I can only imagine the range much bigger in my fellow larger capitals.. I found a lovely store only a few km from my house, the ladies there are lovely and very helpful, giving me a gazillion free samples to try to find the best ones. Their service is impeccable.
    And as a side note, not a single weird look or question when I go in there. When i first went in, I hovered in the display section waiting for a pair of attractive young 20 something girls and their elderly mother to leave before asking for assistance. A lovely lady came over and asked if I needed help, I started whispering and she moved out of site of the other customers and asked me what I was looking for. So kind and discrete.

As for you dilemma on stashing, some brands come in diff size packs. Tena slip come in 10's (much more compact) than the molicare super plus or premium range coming in packs of 14 (slightly less easy to hide in a bag- just fits into my backpack I use when riding my motorbike) and others coming in packs of 20 or even 30. Do your research. Call and ask what the have.

I'm in Perth and I found some Molicare super plus at a Soull n Pattinson chemist :-) But I use tottybots regularly (I dont really have to be too discreet with getting parcels etc though) I do use independence australia as well but I get it delivered.

Nick and Fluffybot,
    Apart from the list posted on the Depends Australia website, I'm not sure where I would go for medical supplies beyond a pharmacy. However, Independence Australia seems like a good place to go. Once Uni goes back, I'll have much easier access to it as well. Glad you both found places that stock what you want, and are local to you - that's great!

Unfortunately, the Abri-Forms only come in 22 packs. I'm loving these things right now, and I'm not planning to switch. I had a less-than-great experience with a sample of a TENA Slip Maxi, so I'm not going back. I may try others though (Molicare Super Plus?)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunikins321 View Post
    Nick and Fluffybot,
    Apart from the list posted on the Depends Australia website, I'm not sure where I would go for medical supplies beyond a pharmacy. However, Independence Australia seems like a good place to go. Once Uni goes back, I'll have much easier access to it as well. Glad you both found places that stock what you want, and are local to you - that's great!

Unfortunately, the Abri-Forms only come in 22 packs. I'm loving these things right now, and I'm not planning to switch. I had a less-than-great experience with a sample of a TENA Slip Maxi, so I'm not going back. I may try others though (Molicare Super Plus?)
    Molicare super plus <3 fullfill my enuresis needs and my dl needs. Since discovering them I have been sleeping like a log. <3

I honestly prefer to get those heart-covered nappies from ebay using this supplier.

enchantepads on eBay

And since you live in Melbourne, I think you could pick them up from the supplier. I have no idea where Totty Bots gets the "Lovable Baby" name from, I'm not sure they actually have a brand name. The packaging is clear and has an information sticker. Totty Bots supplies them in wrapping paper though, because they come in 10-packs and they want to sell 4-packs or whatever. They both get delivered in Post Bags though.

I like those luvables from tottybots. They're fairly cheap and go under clothes pretty good. Not as bulky as most of the others.

Molicare Super plus are my personal favourite at the moment. They hold a decent amount and are plastic backed.
    Still I would looove for the plastic M4s to come back! They were the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Also,

If you have a nappyland near you, they sell Active slip day which are basically the same as the lovable nappys, only difference is the taping panel. Their not bad for $10 for 10.