Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Fun with paint.

  1. #1

    Default Fun with paint.

    One of the things that really brings me back to my childhood is painting. I really enjoy finger painting, making hand and foot prints, just getting flat out messy etc. I guess the whole getting messy with paint aspect makes me feel little too, especially since adults aren't typically supposed to do such things. Exploring the five senses, especially touch really makes me feel little, it's fun, and the whole tactile experience really relaxes me and soothes me regardless of if I am regressed or not. Maybe this is because of my Asperger's?

    Does anybody else have similar feelings? Do you have any experiences you can describe?

    The other thing I was going to ask is if anybody knows of a good type of paint. I like tempera paint even though it starts to crack and get chalky, it's cheap and washes off relatively well. I need to find cheap paint because I like to use a lot in my painting sessions. The weird thing is that all of the tempera paint i have found aren't formulated like they used to be. It's way way too translucent for a good painting. I can't find the tempera paint that dries chalky and has really good coverage. It's all just watery food coloring now.

    Any suggestions for paint and/ or experiences with messy painting sessions?

  2. #2

    Default

    I remember the Tempera paint it was like a thick paste and smelled good in a weird way like play dough maybe because i enjoyed it so much!!! My dad use to roll out the meat packing paper 3 feet wide at a time and cover the whole bedroom floor with the white paper and me and my 5 brothers and sisters would have a blast and we got covered!!!! crayola makes the best substitute i buy for my nieces!! none of my family had Aspringers it was just pure fun with creative parents and would do it again at my young age today giving the chance!!!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    I remember the Tempera paint it was like a thick paste and smelled good in a weird way like play dough maybe because i enjoyed it so much!!! My dad use to roll out the meat packing paper 3 feet wide at a time and cover the whole bedroom floor with the white paper and me and my 5 brothers and sisters would have a blast and we got covered!!!! crayola makes the best substitute i buy for my nieces!! none of my family had Aspringers it was just pure fun with creative parents and would do it again at my young age today giving the chance!!!
    Exactly! That's awesome. I really hope I can find the original tempera paint. I'm running out of stores to check.

    How thick and opaque is the crayola paint? It's not like the crayola finger paint is it? The crayola finger paint I had a few years ago wasn't opaque enough, it was transparent/ translucent. But it wads thick.

  4. #4

    Default

    It can be really fun to make baby handprints using poster paint!

    This is an example I found online:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handprint.gif 
Views:	46 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	21426

    I have three sets of these tacked up on my wall. They look just like the one in the image, except that the ages are "21 and a ", "23 and a " and "21 and a ". It's fun to be a little!

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post
    Exactly! That's awesome. I really hope I can find the original tempera paint. I'm running out of stores to check.

    How thick and opaque is the crayola paint? It's not like the crayola finger paint is it? The crayola finger paint I had a few years ago wasn't opaque enough, it was transparent/ translucent. But it wads thick.
    Man, I haven't done this in years and now I really want to! Sense of touch and smell really regresses me and that's probably due to those senses being hypersensitive because of my visual problems. I've noticed this with several things.
    -Holding my teddy (the touch)
    -Diapers (the touch and the smell of baby powder)
    and several more I can't think of now but the physical sensations of various things can trigger these feelings and regress me.
    Now I have to find the right paint! The touch and smell are equally important to me.

  6. #6

    Default

    Oh gosh I love to finger paint too!! Or just, I love to get messy ^_^ Paint, mud, chalk, glue, glitter, it's all so much fun <3 Paint fights are the best!! I think one of the reason is probably because I'm a very tactile person too, especially in little space. Soft fluffy things and soft smooth silky things are my favourites. Plushies and blankets and cushions, basically forts. I go back to exploring the world with my fingers instead of my eyes :3 Smell too is very comforting, like the way my bed smells and blankie and rabbit. 'Specially when I'm not at home and I've feeling little/anxious.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanBear View Post
    Oh gosh I love to finger paint too!! Or just, I love to get messy ^_^ Paint, mud, chalk, glue, glitter, it's all so much fun <3 Paint fights are the best!! I think one of the reason is probably because I'm a very tactile person too, especially in little space. Soft fluffy things and soft smooth silky things are my favourites. Plushies and blankets and cushions, basically forts. I go back to exploring the world with my fingers instead of my eyes :3 Smell too is very comforting, like the way my bed smells and blankie and rabbit. 'Specially when I'm not at home and I've feeling little/anxious.
    Yes, exactly! Me too, I love paint, mud, food,glue, glitter, and feathers. I'm very tactile too. Of course I love the smell and feel of my plushie, Percy Bull, baby lotion, baby oil, and I love diaper rash cream, it smells so good.

    I just have to find the right kind of tempera paint and some butcher's paper to make a giant paint mural. I may add some glue, feathers, and glitter to change the way it feels.

    Of course I'll probably end up painting myself too, it just feels so cool and it relaxes me, just makes me content overall. Like I said, I'm a very tactile person too.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post
    Yes, exactly! Me too, I love paint, mud, food,glue, glitter, and feathers. I'm very tactile too. Of course I love the smell and feel of my plushie, Percy Bull, baby lotion, baby oil, and I love diaper rash cream, it smells so good.

    I just have to find the right kind of tempera paint and some butcher's paper to make a giant paint mural. I may add some glue, feathers, and glitter to change the way it feels.

    Of course I'll probably end up painting myself too, it just feels so cool and it relaxes me, just makes me content overall. Like I said, I'm a very tactile person too.
    Sounds like fun! I love the way it smells and feels too!

  9. #9
    soggyboy

    Default

    Not so much paint, but mud!

    Love the excuse to "play" in the dirt or mud and get filthy! And the feeling of walking barefoot through mud......

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by soggyboy View Post
    Not so much paint, but mud!

    Love the excuse to "play" in the dirt or mud and get filthy! And the feeling of walking barefoot through mud......
    Yup, definitely a great feeling!

Similar Threads

  1. All body makeup/paint?
    By PrincessAshley in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Oct-2011, 14:12
  2. Paint it black!
    By Roland in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-May-2009, 13:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.