Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello I'm James I m fully bowel and urinary ic and I need ur help with choosing a new diaper

Jamessmith

Default Hello I'm James I m fully bowel and urinary ic and I need ur help with choosing a new diaper

Hello my name is James. I m fully bowel and urinary incontinent. I have to wear diapers 24/7. Wen I go to work everyone knows. I sit on a disposible underpad everywhere ( home, movies, restaurants, and even work). I do t have time to change at work due to meetings so I just sit on my pad till it ends. I m curious about the walgreens certainty diaper with tabs. If anyone knows plzz msg me. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jamessmith View Post
    Hello my name is James. I m fully bowel and urinary incontinent. I have to wear diapers 24/7. Wen I go to work everyone knows. I sit on a disposible underpad everywhere ( home, movies, restaurants, and even work). I do t have time to change at work due to meetings so I just sit on my pad till it ends. I m curious about the walgreens certainty diaper with tabs. If anyone knows plzz msg me. Thank you
    ?!?!?!?!

James Smith,
    If all that you describe (about your way of handling your issues) is indeed the truth, and nothing but the truth then read this...

if it's again another account of weirdo-fiction: don't bother and this is not the place for that kind of stuff.

Reply if it's the very truth:
    Awful way of handling your "issues" - sorry, but after 34 years of being incontinent (albeit "only" urinary) I guess I have about as much right to say this as anyone else.
    I found that todays (western) society is pretty accomodating about disability situations and that there are a TON of solutions that are available.
    I run my own business, so trust me I know about the importance of meetings, customers etc - but honestly I've seen TOP CEO's during a meeting excuse themselves for five minutes to use the john (the loo).... And guess what? not a big issue - or would you expect him or her to piss their pants? I guess no.
    And only becuase you're IC it doesn't mean you've got to slap on a pad on every chair (?why? - ever heard about more frequent changes??) and have the whole world see and know about your issues and even worse, keep sitting in your mess (and I assume wet pants, as otherwise the pad on the chair would serve no purpose)... waiting like a brave little soldier until the meeting is over and you would be allowed to stand up, walk, wet, dripping soaked, smeared with feces to the toilet.
    Sorry - but in most western countries that would be up for a lawsuit about your civil rights, working rights... if a company would actually "make" you do this, they'd be in violation of about a hundred laws. Pretty serious stuff btw.
    Also I don't think any company would really prefer an employee with a known medical condition NOT to take care of it and actually cause a rather unpleasent experience at the meeting for EVERYONE. If the solution would be so simple as to stand up, go to the toilet and get changed a tad sooner.

There's a lot of good high quality incontinence products out there...
    And then there's learning to manage your issue.
    there are some practices you can do to minimise the impact of bowel incontinence issue that will help you to time / minimize the number of bowel movements.
    Then there's anal tampons, there's a bunch of meds... there's a number of surgical options (maybe).
    Then there's the urinary side of things, starting with frequent but not high-volume hydration... staying away from diuretics such as coffee and coca cola &co., going to the toilet according to a schedule (like every two hours...) and try to empty your bladder normally (or if you can't, use intermittent cathing for example).
    Then there's condom urinals... etc.. etc. etc.
    Basically what you have chosen is a bad way to manage the issue that is not only unhygienic and problematic for yourself and rather humiliating and unpractical but also simply not necessary.

But to be honest... I think it's just bollocks.

Jamessmith

Default The workplace

Hi thanks for responding.
    This is the truth. I sit on a disposible pad because I leak and I rather have my pad then be embarrassed of a wet spot on a chair. And no I can't just get up and go change. I urinate a lot I have 0 control. And I can't just get up because these meeting are important. Even though most people know about my medical problem i don't like to change at work. I go to a fast food or a Starbucks. If I could change more often I would.

If you have to use underpads, perhaps you are not using the right diaper. I would recommend finding a product that is more decent than the crappy ones you wear. A thin diaper does not mean better diaper. A Molicare Super Plus would do or Abena M4 or L4 depending on your size. I also hear Tena Maxi Plus is good and also hold a lot too. Also why don't you use plastic pants?

Jamessmith

Hi thnk u for responding.
    I do use high quality diapers still leak. I have really frequent urinations and bowel movement. I watch the stuff I eat. I still flood them. My underpad saves a lot of chairs I sit on

Hi thanks for responding.
    This is the truth. I sit on a disposible pad because I leak and I rather have my pad then be embarrassed of a wet spot on a chair. And no I can't just get up and go change. I urinate a lot I have 0 control. And I can't just get up because these meeting are important. Even though most people know about my medical problem i don't like to change at work. I go to a fast food or a Starbucks. If I could change more often I would.
    You can NOT be serious? sorry - but I have much more than a hard time to believe this.

Just to recap, in case I got this completely wrong:
    - You have a hell lot of meetings without any breaks
    - You are fully IC
    - You produce a really awesome amount of urine, like all day long.
    - your diapers leak during the meetings
    - your pants thus get wet
    - you maybe crap your diapers as well and the odd "perfume" will fill the room
    - you "can not" change more often (or use the loo at any rate like most people will)
    - you thus decide to handle the way by sitting on an additional IC Pad... during the meeting.
    - you then get up after the meeting, with wet diapers, wet pants, probably smelling like a toilet gone wrong..
    - And neither wearing better diapers nor changing more frequently work because of your job.
    Does this sum it up?

Now I don't know who you are - but I've been around the block once or twice... I'm 11 years older than you are... I run my own (very well going) business... and have worked countless jobs before that.
    At 24 you're most likely NOT in a Top-Echelon position at ANY company... your "importance" is most likely not as important as you make it sound like.
    Also I simply can not imagine a single employer who would easily accept that one of his employees regularly wets his pants because he is not "allowed" to go, get up, change a frickin' diaper (takes 2 minutes) and get back. and do this max. one time per hour if it's a really really bad ic day.
    usually once every 2-3 hours is pretty sufficient with thinner diapers like TENA Slip Plus / Super...

Sorry mate, but the whole situation, if you look at it from a purely logical point of view is so far out there that I stand by what I said, either you have simply chosen one of the worst ways to manage your IC I've come across in 30+ years of dealing with it... or it's bollocks.

If you feel like clearing this up a tad, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the type of your urinariy IC?
    2. What is the type of your bowel IC?
    3. What is the cause for the IC?
    4. What are the steps you have taken to minimize it's impact?
    5. What diapers do you wear?
    6. What is your line of work?
    7. Why do you think leaving a meeting for a toilet visit is not possible?
    8. What do all the other people do who attend those meetings? (wearing diapers? pissing their pants?)
    9. Give one good reason why this would be remotely believable.

Jamessmith

Hi again. U r very rude about my condition

I have urge incontinence
    I have fecal incontinence
    I was in an accident
    IV tried surgeries which failed
    I wear tranquility atn all day and night and molicare
    I can't just get up and say I need to go change I will miss something important
    Other people don't have this condition
    And I don't care wat u say or believe in

Hi again. U r very rude about my condition

I have urge incontinence
    I have fecal incontinence
    I was in an accident
    IV tried surgeries which failed
    I wear tranquility atn all day and night and molicare
    I can't just get up and say I need to go change I will miss something important
    Other people don't have this condition
    And I don't care wat u say or believe in
    Ok,
    No, maybe other people at your meetings don't have the same condition - but I don't know many who don't need to use the toilet at least once or twice during a regular work day... And I know a good number of people who need to do so more often.
    So honestly, it is completely within your own choosing to deal with your IC situation the way you do now, or improve your quality of life a bit.

Also consider that Incontinence is quite wide spread - you're not alone with your issue...
    And in all the years I've dealt with it, your description is the FIRST case I hear about how it is handled AT WORK, especially for a 24yr old person, like you describe it.

Also for most types of Incontinence issues (including fecal) there is a ton of things you can do (aside from medication and surgery) to minimize the impact to a point where it can be quite "OK" to live with.

And how comes in hundreds of meetings I've attended there was never a single problem with anyone who had to go to the toilet for a few minutes.
    Especially considering, in your case, all the people at your meetings would already know about your medical condition... and they're all like fully in on having you sit in your own urine, wet trousers et al instead of enabling you a break every hour?
    This is the one part that bugs me about your story .... I've worked in some rather demanding situations (my pervious line of work as a paramedic / ambulance drive) ... and these days I'm often on remote client sites all over the world.. But honestly, EVERY HUMAN BEING needs to take a piss and make a dump at some time during the day, and work in one way or the other needs to accommodate this.

What I don't get is, why you would put yourself through that ordeal, of basically wetting your trousers, etc in front of a bunch of people, if there are far more dignified, not too mention hygienic options.

There are people with serious disabilities working everywhere and usually it is not that big of a deal to accommodate certain aspects.

And strictly by most laws in western countries, what you are describing as your work situation would warrant a lot of law suits.

And what again is your line of work you said?

Lawsuits on all sides. Clients would have a complaint against you for putting them in an unsanitary position, if what you say is true.

Sorry, I'm calling Bravo Sierra.......

I work in corporate america and yes, we have long meetings and training classes. Had one today for 4 hours long, some trainings are all day long. We take breaks every 2 hours or so, I get a lunch as well. Today in our training, we had a break 2 hours in, and at hour 3 I had to go to the bathroom (#2). I slowly stood up, and went for the door and left... did my business and came back in without disturbing anybody or missing that much.

If your company knows you are IC and have not pulled you aside and talked about "your hygiene issues" then they don't care for you, your co-workers and clients, and neither do you. Thus I am going to have to call this a Bravo Sierra situation