Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double diapering tips please

Question double diapering tips please

i usually cut a slit down the bottom of the diapers on the inside it usually works out but is there any ideas or tips you guys have?

Diaper booster pads would help the diaper be more effective. I like thicker diapers myself. It costed me a lot buying boosters and using multiple diapers. I started using cloth diapers as booster pads or an extra diaper. Eventually I started using cloth diapers with multiple layers. These things get really thick when you increase the layers. I used to be stuck on disposable diapers. Now it's shared with everything else I use.

For multiple diapers, thats pretty much the way to do it, cut slits so the urine is dispersed to the next diaper.

use a smaller diaper and a larger one ontop and yes the slits on the outside of the inner diaper or diapers are necessary

For guys:

(Must be with at least one cloth backed diaper)

1) Fit but do not attach cloth backed diaper to body.

2) Exactly locate male anatomy on the diaper, mark for ease of locating again.

3) Remove cloth backed diaper and cut a horizontal slit just wide enough to accommodate relaxed male anatomy. closest possible fit desired for ease of retainability.

4) Put cloth backed diaper on inside out making sure to pass male anatomy through previous step. You will have a bit of a tougher time attaching the velcro tabs, but they are velcro and infinitely adjustable.

5) Once a secure fit has been achieved (and it feels a little weird being in and out at the same time) install second diaper as usual.

This method is surprisingly comfortable, extremely effective, and very very leak resistant. I find that using two lower end diapers in this manner will increase the urinary usage and capacity out of them exponentially. The astute among you will of course point out that making a deposit in the rear is out of the question, and you are right. This method is the downright most effective method of doubling that I have ever employed. You are literally utilizing the absorption rates, capacity, leak barriers, and material from both products at the same time. Not only that, but it also creates a very effective barrier between your urine and the body that almost entirely eliminates odors on the skin, dampness, and feeling wet. In fact, when you do start wetting it is a strange sensation. You know that you are, but you don't feel it. It's a lot of fun and I recommend that some others here give it a shot and report back with their feelings. Who knows, I might just be nuts.

I don't do it often, but when I do, I lay out the inner diaper on a table, plastic up, and get out an xacto knife and make a number of cuts along the length near the center.

I answered a question about this quite awhile ago and posted this pic:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/members/b...3498-slits.png

The red are where I'd usually cut, the blue are somewhat more optional.

The leg cuff fit only really matters on the inner diaper, the outer one can be worn much looser since it's receiving its liquid entirely to the middle area of the padding. Don't flood, especially once the inner diapr has gotten saturated. Give it time to migrate to the outer diaper.

I like Llayden's idea. I have not tried that and it sounds very interesting. My only question is how does it feel, with the inside out diaper against your skin? Even with using a cloth backed diaper first, I would think there is still a vapor barrier (after all it is waterproof) and I would think be uncomfortable against the skin (scratchy even) verses the much softer inner side. Still I am curious to try.

Out of pads or diapers - down to your last one - think about using one or more wash cloths or folding up a hand towel placing in the crotch bottom - good for the immediate number 1 - definitely consider
    wearing with a plastic panty waterproof cover (and frilly ruffled if you are so inclined). As for a number 2 well you deserve this for poor planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnboy View Post
    My only question is how does it feel, with the inside out diaper against your skin? I would think be uncomfortable against the skin (scratchy even) verses the much softer inner side.
    Nope. Comfort level is just fine. Maybe not as good as the other way around if you are using quality diapers. If you are using cheapies, then it feels the same either way.

I use a fondue fork. Not sure about clothlike, but with plastic, I stretch out the diaper on the floor using my knee as a weight, and pull the diaper taught with my left hand. With my right, I put about 100 holes...50 stabs of the fork...into the plastic. Then I double diaper. I did this yesterday with an A+ outer and a DryCare soaker. Massive overkill there. I've never had a leak this way, unless I didn't tape up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    For guys:

(Must be with at least one cloth backed diaper)

1) Fit but do not attach cloth backed diaper to body.

2) Exactly locate male anatomy on the diaper, mark for ease of locating again.

3) Remove cloth backed diaper and cut a horizontal slit just wide enough to accommodate relaxed male anatomy. closest possible fit desired for ease of retainability.

4) Put cloth backed diaper on inside out making sure to pass male anatomy through previous step. You will have a bit of a tougher time attaching the velcro tabs, but they are velcro and infinitely adjustable.

5) Once a secure fit has been achieved (and it feels a little weird being in and out at the same time) install second diaper as usual.

This method is surprisingly comfortable, extremely effective, and very very leak resistant. I find that using two lower end diapers in this manner will increase the urinary usage and capacity out of them exponentially. The astute among you will of course point out that making a deposit in the rear is out of the question, and you are right. This method is the downright most effective method of doubling that I have ever employed. You are literally utilizing the absorption rates, capacity, leak barriers, and material from both products at the same time. Not only that, but it also creates a very effective barrier between your urine and the body that almost entirely eliminates odors on the skin, dampness, and feeling wet. In fact, when you do start wetting it is a strange sensation. You know that you are, but you don't feel it. It's a lot of fun and I recommend that some others here give it a shot and report back with their feelings. Who knows, I might just be nuts.
    If you want to use the back of the diaper, probably the best way to do so would be to swap the inner diaper with a smaller ( size five might work) baby diaper, they are easier to find in cloth backed and cheaper ( I get 21 luvs size 6 diapers for 7 bucks at Wal-Mart).
    Just my two cents.