Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it a Nuk 3 or 4?

Default Is it a Nuk 3 or 4?

I was at a store to get diapers for my plushies.
    (yes I do that for some of my plushies *blushes*)
    I noticed new Nuk designs so I took a look.

I noticed these sizes(all silicone)
    0-6 months is this considered a Nuk 0 or 1?
    6+ months
    6-18 months
    18-36 months is this considered a Nuk 3 or 4?

So I got the 18-36 one silicone since my older one was latex.
    It fits comfortable, as much as my 6-18 month latex Nuk.

So is the one I got a 3 or 4? (cause I hear some say 0 is not a real size, others say it is)

I can't compare it too good to my older Nuk 5, cause that one is latex.
    I know sizes vary a bit between same sizes of silicone and latex.

Was just curious to what you thought, cause I seen 4 sizes in the store.

I think size 4 only came in latex like the size 5 one does. Plus size 4 has been off the market/not in production for a few years now.

I've never seen the Nuk 4 in stores. When I got my first pacifiers in 2009, the Nuk 3 was the biggest size Walmart had.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I think size 4 only came in latex like the size 5 one does. Plus size 4 has been off the market/not in production for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I've never seen the Nuk 4 in stores. When I got my first pacifiers in 2009, the Nuk 3 was the biggest size Walmart had.
    I used to have a Nuk 4(is was latex,don't think silicone was out then)
    tho it wore out long time ago.

I was not really sure about the one I got being a actual Nuk 4,
    just seemed funny cause there was 4 sizes.

As far as I know, if talking about Nuk´s "Genius"-pacifiers, the sizing actually starts at zero, and ends with three.
    Past that, the only bigger paci is the Nuk 4/5, which is one single, special model, available in two sizes (S and L).
    Those are supposed to be "orthodontic trainers" though, and not really pacifiers in the classical sense.
    ... Which doesn´t make them any less pacifying. Huh.

I think it is a three. From what I have seen they only go up to a three in the store. The main reason for the 4 and the 5 are because they are for children who have cleft Pallets and things like that. At least that is what the bottles are for. They call them trainers because they are meant to help those children learn to suck properly and the bottle nipples come non-punctured so that they can be customized for flow according to how the babies mouth is deformed.

the nuk 4 and 5 are for adults and almost twice the size i enjoy the 18m ones over my nuk5 anyday!!

Quote Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
    I think it is a three. From what I have seen they only go up to a three in the store. The main reason for the 4 and the 5 are because they are for children who have cleft Pallets and things like that. At least that is what the bottles are for. They call them trainers because they are meant to help those children learn to suck properly and the bottle nipples come non-punctured so that they can be customized for flow according to how the babies mouth is deformed.
    Yeah from what I am seeing is the 0-6 month one is like a Nuk 0.
    So that would make the one I got a Nuk 3.
    Guess I never really paid attention to the 4 sizes before,
    is why I mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    the nuk 4 and 5 are for adults and almost twice the size i enjoy the 18m ones over my nuk5 anyday!!
    I have a Nuk 5 and it is just about double size.
    Slightly bigger may be ok tho I never tried those yet.

Tho what you mean by m as in the 18m? Meter is to big and millimeter
    would seem to small.

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post

I noticed these sizes(all silicone)
    0-6 months is this considered a Nuk 0 or 1? Size 1
    6+ months Size 2
    6-18 months Size 2 again (its the same - 6 months upwards!)
    18-36 months is this considered a Nuk 3 or 4? Size 3
    Hi I've written the sizes as far as I understand them above. 6+m and 6-18m are the same thing!
    As others have said, there isn't a size 4 (or even a size 5) now, just an adult version size Small and Large.

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post

Tho what you mean by m as in the 18m? Meter is to big and millimeter
    would seem to small.
    m = months

I think the size of the pacifiers is really interesting. They have one to say from birth to 36+ months, then they have various sizes from newborn then size one, and so forth. But I have to say that the one you have sounds definitely to me like number three.
    The first time I came across a silicone pacifier that brand, was back in 98 when I went to Milwaukee to attend an adult diaper party and receive one as a door prize.