Thread: Hello: Cutting through to the point.

kidjeremy

Default Hello: Cutting through to the point.

Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself by sharing with you the details of my Infantilism - or if you prefer AB/DL-ism, so I don't have to go over it elsewhere. I should't talk about why I am this way anymore. But I felt it was important to explain it to the community initially so it I wouldn't feel that I was being a mystery person. By the way, I love doing all kinds of fun stuff - not just baby things. I would love to make new friends here so please reply after reading my intro!

I'm a survivor. I have PTSD from the trauma of sensory deprivation during my infancy, and abuse and neglect in my childhood. I also have Bi-Polar I Disorder that has often led to psychotic episodes and these were also traumatic, which made my PTSD worse. I started wetting myself when I was 11 years old because I was so emotionally disturbed that I couldn't help it. My incontinence continued and got worse over the years, and I now have a doctor's prescription for adult diapers so I can get get public assistance to help with the cost.

It was very hard for me to admit that I needed diapers because I loved how they made me feel and it seemed too convenient to need something I wanted so badly. But I finally did admit it after many incidents where I made messes on other people's property and made them angry. Now I wear diapers all the time, and coming to terms with it is a work in progress.

Emotionally, I feel like a toddler inside because I never had the chance to grow up. I was never given the physical sensory inputs children need to enable the brain and nervous system to develop properly. I rejected puberty and don't like looking like an adult so I remove all the extra hair - it disturbs me. I take a prescription medication to reduce my sexual feelings because I'm greatly bothered by them. But mentally, intellectually I mean, I developed just fine. I'm legally disabled, but I live in my own apartment independently, and take care of myself, making sure all the bills get paid on time, (I'm on Social Security Disability), see doctors, psychiatrists, and a therapist on schedule, and do everything I need to do to keep myself out of the nursing home.

I'm not here to tell my life story. That would be bad for me. I've been through therapy and what's best for me is to live life well. Being a child in an adult's body is acceptable to me. I know that others here may have another view about being AB/DL and I would say that the causes and motives are different for each individual. I've accepted myself as I am. I can accept you too, now that that task is done.

Please say hi! I'd love to meet you.
    Last edited by kidjeremy; 14-Jul-2014 at 00:55.

Hello Jeremy, I also have been dealt a bad hand and I feel for you.

It sounds like you've been doing well for yourself despite all of the challenges in your life.

just remember to keep on keeping on!

Quote Originally Posted by kidjeremy View Post
    Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself by sharing with you the details my Infantilism - or if you prefer AB/DL-ism, so I don't have to go over it elsewhere. I should't talk about why I am this way anymore. But I felt it was important to explain it to the community initially so it I wouldn't feel that I wasn't being a mystery person. By the way, I love doing all kinds of fun stuff - not just baby things. I would love to make new friends here so please reply after reading my intro!

I'm a survivor. I have PTSD from the trauma of sensory deprivation during my infancy, and abuse and neglect in my childhood. I also have Bi-Polar I Disorder that has often led to psychotic episodes and these were also traumatic, which made my PTSD worse. I started wetting myself when I was 11 years old because I was so emotionally disturbed that I couldn't help it. My incontinence continued and got worse over the years, and I now have a doctor's prescription for adult diapers so I can get get public assistance to help with the cost.

It was very hard for me to admit that I needed diapers because I loved how they made me feel and it seemed too convenient to need something I wanted so badly. But I finally did admit it after many incidents where I made messes on other people's property and made them angry. Now I wear diapers all the time, and coming to terms with it is a work in progress.

Emotionally, I feel like a toddler inside because I never had the chance to grow up. I was never given the physical sensory inputs children need to enable the brain and nervous system to develop properly. I rejected puberty and don't like looking like an adult so I remove all the extra hair - it disturbs me. I take a prescription medication to reduce my sexual feelings because I'm greatly bothered by them. But mentally, intellectually I mean, I developed just fine. I'm legally disabled, but I live in my own apartment independently, and take care of myself, making sure all the bills get paid on time, (I'm on Social Security Disability), see doctors, psychiatrists, and a therapist on schedule, and do everything I need to do to keep myself out of the nursing home.

I'm not here to tell my life story. That would be bad for me. I've been through therapy and what's best for me is to live life well. Being a child in an adult's body is acceptable to me. I know that others here may have another view about being AB/DL and I would say that the causes and motives are different for each individual. I've accepted myself as I am. I can accept you too, now that that task is done.

Please say hi! I'd love to meet you.
    I too have a similiar story in that I am incontinent for medical and mental health reasons. My case is only similiar to yours not exact, but there are some common things about it. I am on SSDI as well and manage my life just enough to avoid the nursing home as well as see therapists and other doctors. Be advised while the mental health issues I have where something I have lived with since I was a teenager the incontinence is a relatively knew thing for me as it only started back in January of this year. Remember there is a difference between being mature and wearing diapers. The factthat you said you can accept others as you have accepted yourself speaks to your maturity. You are a human being and should be respected as such. I myself have a IQ of 136 but other parts of me that I don't even have a name for where simply never allowed to develop properly either.

So what do you like to do for fun? Do you have any hobbies or interests? Any favorite movies or music that you like to listen? You are among friends here, so please feel free to be comfortable talking about yourself and letting the rest of us here get to know you better.

*Hugs* Welcome to here :3 Sounds like you've had quite a few challenges through your life, but glad to see you've managed to deal with them.
    I definitely hope you'll have a fantastic time on here, I know I've had... Even though I seem to lurk more than post, but still... ^^

Best
    Snow

kidjeremy

Thank you for what you said about maturity. That makes me feel good. The human brain is made up of many different parts and it is amazing what we are able to learn. It's my feelings that seem like a little child's but I've got 48 years of life experience too and I understand reality. I know what my adult my responsibilities are given my real limitations. I'm very grateful for all the help I get from a lot of good people and a compassionate country.

We all got to keep on keeping on. The best way to do that is to live life well. What has kept me going mostly is music. I've been writing, recording, and playing music for over 37 years and it is what gives my life meaning. I am listening to music right now - one of Chicago's Rock stations, the famous "Loop" and I don't go a day without good tunes. I'll listen to any kind of music though and my favorite kind of music is the stuff that is completely unique to me - something I've never heard before but sounds really cool.

Everything else is detail. My musician friends call our disease mental guitardation. But I like movies and TV. I used to play video games but I kinda got tired out. I've been going outside every day because it's part of my therapy and I've gotten addicted to it. I was pretty agoraphobic because of my PTSD for a long time so getting out is different. I'm taking it slow, but it's what I really need to be doing now.