Thread: this is why i miss window xp

Default this is why i miss window xp

Ive always hated windows but now im in hot water. Today I thought it would be goodto try to find a new job so i linked my computer with my moms. And thats my problem started. now i can't seperate them comepletely. does anyone know how. when i look at it theirs still remnants on her computer and my history can someone help.

How did you link them and what type of remnants are we talking about?

Yeah,
    What are the steps you did to get where you are?

I don't really understand how you "linked" the two computers after a fashion that would make them inseparable?

If you'd care to elaborate a bit more in depth, I'm certain we can help you

Also just for the record: I'm glad XP is dead...

Of course wnidow carries a feature wich allow you to link you own Microsoft account with someone elses computer, giving you remote access to your own labtop. when i took my account off i went back to the original setting i went tocheck and make sure everything was alright my favorites were on hee computer, my videos picture everything and i had to move everything back by hand.

I haven't really used Windows 8, but this page seems to suggest that you can log in to the OS using an online Microsoft account, or tie an offline Windows login with a MS account and sync things like browser boomarks, history, Windows Appstore apps, personal files, etc.:

Microsoft accounts - Windows tutorial

Is that what you did, OP?

I guess it's okay if your files and history have the right security permissions so your mum can't access them when she logs in... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I haven't really used Windows 8, but this page seems to suggest that you can log in to the OS using an online Microsoft account, or tie an offline Windows login with a MS account and sync things like browser boomarks, history, Windows Appstore apps, personal files, etc.:

Microsoft accounts - Windows tutorial

Is that what you did, OP?

I guess it's okay if your files and history have the right security permissions so your mum can't access them when she logs in... :-/
    yes i did but what i need to figure out is how to remove any trace of it from her laptop. with microsoft you never know what might happen

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    with microsoft you never know what might happen
    Ain't that the truth! They just keep on making life faaaaaar more complicated than it needs to be!

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    yes i did but what i need to figure out is how to remove any trace of it from her laptop.
    If you associated an MS account with an Windows (i.e. local computer) account, I presume everything will be in the relevant "My Documents" or C:\Users\<username> folder... If Microsoft has any sense, that is!

CCleaner is pretty good at getting rid of cached files and "history" lists:
    CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

It's too late now but you are not required to login or create a Microsoft account to use windows 8. Although they naha it seen that way. If you hit create account then give it gibberish for an email, I mean an invalid email, then try and create the account it will fail and allow you to create a local account. That is what I did on my recent install I really hate how Microsoft tries to force crap on you.

As for cleaning up now, CCleaner will be a good start. And Mahe sure your account no longer shows up in the list of accounts on the computer. If it is dire that you get every trace gone and there isn't much in the computer I would say just format and reinstall. I do it usually 2 times a year anyway just to clean up all my stupid that compounded over time. But I have never linked computers that way so I do know all the things it syncd. If you need remote control software try team viewer 9. It is fantastic and free for personal use.

In the future you may want to disable windows 8 sync settings. Sync Your Settings - Enable or Disable in Windows 8 Since it already synced, you'll have to manually delete your data from your mom's PC.

thank you and I appreciate all the advice you have given me