Thread: Plastic backed baby nappies still exist

Default Plastic backed baby nappies still exist

Plastic backed baby nappies/ diapers still exist in the UK
    Asda smart price are still plastic backed
    Anyone found any others that are still plastic backed ??

There's still some but they dont stretch and they dont prevent leaks because the legs cuffs just hang when wet so I don't bother.

In the US, there are CoolDiaps. Sadly, they don't go beyond size 4, and are only available in novelty three-packs, as far as I can tell.

I think most of the supermarket own brand basic/value/smartprice ones are still plastic backed. There's also Purex Softies which are sold in small discount stores - these come in a small packet of 10 nappies and have great designs on the plastic backing, but only go up to size 5.

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    I think most of the supermarket own brand basic/value/smartprice ones are still plastic backed. There's also Purex Softies which are sold in small discount stores - these come in a small packet of 10 nappies and have great designs on the plastic backing, but only go up to size 5.
    Sadly, we Yanks aren't so fortunate. The Kroger, WinCo, Costco, Target, etc., etc., diapers have been cloth-backed for many years now -- a decade or more, in some cases. I'll grab a bag every time I see something new, and I can't remember the last time I ended up with something plastic-backed (besides CoolDiaps). Now, I actually like cloth-backed, but the plastic-backed stuff still has a special place in my diaper-heart.