Thread: Love This Ebay Highchair Listing

Smile Love This Ebay Highchair Listing

Interesting selling tactic! Instead of a toddler posed in it the seller has a teen/young adult sitting in this vintage Strolee highchair. Looks like she's patiently waiting for her meal. Maybe they're attempting to appeal to the *B ebay audience showing that a young adult can easily fit in the large seat? Vintage Yellow Strolee Chrome High Chair With Animals - eBay (item 220299310294 end time Jan-20-09 04:22:03 PST)

~Pramrider

annierighthurr

I have a hard time believing that the kid in that photo is over 8 years old, and they probably only used her because they didnt want to go to the hassle of finding a real toddler.

Looks like a pretty nice high chair though

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotized View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the kid in that photo is over 8 years old...
    Hypnotized, I believe you're right, now that I take a better look. She first looked a little older in the face to me, plus those shoes looked more grown up. It's the first time I've seen an older child posing in baby gear on ebay. Though I have seen sellers pose their pet dog in a baby bassinett before. Don't know how they expected that to help their sale.

~Pramrider

At first glance she looked a little older to me also, but on my second look I'd have to agree and say she's around 8 years old.

It is a nice vintage high chair though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    At first glance she looked a little older to me also, but on my second look I'd have to agree and say she's around 8 years old.

It is a nice vintage high chair though.
    Plus she might be a bit on the tall side for her age which could also have helped give the first glance *older* illusion.

Strolee of California used to make lots of nice highchairs, strollers, and carseats back in the '60s and '70s, and I could easily fit in the ones I had opportunity to try in my younger adult years. Shame they went out of business. The current Strolee name used on a make of strollers was resurrected by another stroller mfr. and the quality is not the same as the old US-made Strolee baby products.

~Pramrider

So Pramrider! IS your fantasy just to be in a highchair or a stroller, or do you want to be babied whilst you're there? Pushed around in the stroller, fed in the highchair, etc etc - or maybe you're a self-contained pramsitting kind of dude?

Quote Originally Posted by timmywimmy View Post
    So Pramrider! IS your fantasy just to be in a highchair or a stroller, or do you want to be babied whilst you're there? Pushed around in the stroller, fed in the highchair, etc etc - or maybe you're a self-contained pramsitting kind of dude?
    My enjoyment has always come from just getting in such things all by my lonesome. I don't have the desire to be babied as such. However, I wouldn't object to a stroller ride, in a private location of course, if someone offered to push me in one. No way I'd ever do it in public.

~Pramrider

adultdiaperlover

Wow! At first glance I thought she was older too. But now that I take a better look it does look like she is around 8 years old.

By the way that is a nice highchair though. I wish I had the money. I would purchase that.