Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena Abri-Form M4

Default Abena Abri-Form M4

so i was thinking on buying some Abena Abri-Form M4's but in unsure about them, maybe you guys can help me

so 1-10 how comfy are they ?
    how much do they hold ?
    are they worth buying ?
    how are the sticky tabs ?

help me please

I love them!!!! Just got my first two packs, one plastic back and breathable. They hold great and they are supper comfy!!!!! Finally feels like a real diaper!!!!

I would rate them a 7 out of 10 for comfort. For comparison I give Molicare Super Plus an 8, and Bambino Biancos/Teddies a 9.

For me they hold about 4 good sized wettings. But, keep in mind, it is very hard to compare capacity for diapers from person to person. If your experience is with only store bought diapers, they can hold more than them when worn correctly. You will still need to be cautious when trying them the first few times though. When I tried M4s the first few times (they were my first premium diaper) I leaked because I didn't get the fit right and I pushed them too hard.

I had no regrets purchasing them but I currently have other diapers that I prefer to buy. I will most likely buy them again at some point because I think they are worth the price.

The tapes were fine for me. They may be a bit confusing to use, at first, if you're only used to single layer tapes. The Abena tapes have 2 layers to them, a blue bottom layer and white top layer. You keep both layers together when you put it on, then you peel the top white layer off to take it off. You are then supposed to be able to refasten the tapes but, I think that this is where most people start to have issues with the tapes staying fastened. I don't try to refasten them and haven't had issues.

I wear the L4's (I'm just on the hair large size for the M). Yes, you can restick the tapes but they need to go back right on top of where they were before. I never bother. If the diaper goes on, it stays on until it's used and needs to be removed (and discarded).

The ones I get are the old plastic backed ones that XPMedical still manages to keep in stock (though I've tried there own production with mixed results....they've made some changes and the newest samples are sitting in the box waiting to be tried). I like them well enough.

The other trick for the Abenas (and may other diapers) is that despite what would appear to make sense and sort of depicted in the photos, the best way to tape these isn't to just apply the tapes kind of as they lay (parallel with the waistband). Take the bottom tape and angle it upwards as you pull and stick it down. Do the opposite with the top tape. You'll end up with the two tapes from the same side almost on top of each other. Not only does this tighten up the diaper quiet nicely but it avoids the bottom tape being "rolled" off the bottom of the diaper getting your leg hairs stuck in it.

They're quite absorbant...I've used them for 6+ hour car rides and have never had a leakage problem with them.

I recently got a case of Abena M4 diapers and am impressed with the amount they hold. When they are filled to near capacity they get a little heavy so you might need snug plastic pants or a onesie to help hold them up.

I bought a pack of 16 M4's and am very pleased with my purchase. They fit very well and have a good, solid feel to them - as a diaper should. I have only used a select handful of diapers, but they are up there among my favorites of the ones I have tried. The first time I put one on, my first thought was, "wow, that is a lot of padding." But they've been able to hold quite a decent amount of wettings as well as contain a mess amazingly well.

I have had good success with the M4s as well. I prefer the plastic cover over the breathable cover as the oader control isn't that good on the breathable M4s and they sag worse then the plastic version. My ownly issue with the plastic version is that they can leak when sleeping on your side. Over all though a good diaper that holds lots and is comfortable to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    I wear the L4's (I'm just on the hair large size for the M). Yes, you can restick the tapes but they need to go back right on top of where they were before. I never bother. If the diaper goes on, it stays on until it's used and needs to be removed (and discarded).

The ones I get are the old plastic backed ones that XPMedical still manages to keep in stock (though I've tried there own production with mixed results....they've made some changes and the newest samples are sitting in the box waiting to be tried). I like them well enough.

The other trick for the Abenas (and may other diapers) is that despite what would appear to make sense and sort of depicted in the photos, the best way to tape these isn't to just apply the tapes kind of as they lay (parallel with the waistband). Take the bottom tape and angle it upwards as you pull and stick it down. Do the opposite with the top tape. You'll end up with the two tapes from the same side almost on top of each other. Not only does this tighten up the diaper quiet nicely but it avoids the bottom tape being "rolled" off the bottom of the diaper getting your leg hairs stuck in it.

They're quite absorbant...I've used them for 6+ hour car rides and have never had a leakage problem with them.
    Can you post a comparison pic? I've never seen the original backing. Not sure how different it is from the current form

how are the sticky tabs ?
    This last case I got has been rather hit or miss with the tapes, although they are usually wonderful. I'm hoping that maybe I just got a bad batch or something.

Anyone else have any Abenas recently that the tapes have been having issues staying where you first left them?

The abena M4 is a really nice diaper and it holds alot, sadly they ahve no odor control. After 3-4 hours they tend to smell a lot, which my wife confirmed when she asked me on our vacation, whether I changed brand, since with the Molicare I usually use for work, she can't smell even after 8-9 hours, when I come home, usually totally soaked.