Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fifa Cup

Default 2014 Fifa Cup

Who do you think is going to win the FIFA 2014 World Cup

Final 3 and 2 play tomorrow. Brazil lost 1-7 to germany so they dont count. 4:00PM on ESPN it's Netherlands vs Argentina if anyone cares to join and cheer!(Netherlands colors is red white and blue in the order but the white was hard to see)

Germany

Netherlands

Argentina

My opinion is Argentina if you haven't seen my signature yet ;D because to me and he is still #1 Lionel Messi!!!

Lol..I'm Dutch :p But tbh not really following the cup. I don't even hate football but in the light of everything that's going on in the world (and my life) it seems like a lot of noise and flashing lights to distract people.

I'm much more worried about the situation in Israel or Iraq. Or closer to home Ukraine, where people are being shelled out of their homes by their own government :-o

CrinklySiren

I hope it comes down to Netherlands vs Germany, I think Netherlands deserves to win after Spain robbed them last time, but I'll also root for Germany as I am of German descent xD

Though, all that aside, Brazil was mercilessly decimated by Germany, I am STILL finding that match hard to believe.

After being second, third and third again in the last 3 cups and since Klose is now the overall top scorer in the FIFA World Cup it would be the cream topping. ;)

Fun Fact: today is Independence day in Argentina.

My sentiments are Anyone But Argentina, and that's going to cloud my predictions... for fun I'll say this is going to happen:

Netherlands to beat Argentina 3-1

Germany V Netherlands will be a brilliant final but the Germans will be victorious for the first time as a unified national team.

Brazil will come back to beat Argentina for 3rd place, and everyone will say it's a brilliant tribute to their team spirit and resolve, and the 7-1 kicking will be partially forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    Fun Fact: today is Independence day in Argentina.

My sentiments are Anyone But Argentina, and that's going to cloud my predictions... for fun I'll say this is going to happen:

Netherlands to beat Argentina 3-1

Germany V Netherlands will be a brilliant final but the Germans will be victorious for the first time as a unified national team.

Brazil will come back to beat Argentina for 3rd place, and everyone will say it's a brilliant tribute to their team spirit and resolve, and the 7-1 kicking will be partially forgiven.
    NOPE! Argentina for the win! Germany Vs Argentina July 13th. Screw netherlands ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    NOPE! Argentina for the win! Germany Vs Argentina July 13th. Screw netherlands ^^
    No! One Germany, Four World Cups! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    It's going to be Old Pope - New Pope in the finals
    I saw a post on Facebook this morning about the battle of the popes.

So it will be divine intervention of who is the real pope (since it is suppose to be for life*), or who is closer to the power to be with guidance and wisdom.

My bet is on Argentina.

*(I understand that his resignation is valid.

I just find it odd that a pope can resign when some have hung on and who knows was running the shop.)
    Last edited by egor; 11-Jul-2014 at 03:54.

As far as Catholic Canonical Law goes, the Pope is free to resign as long as the decision is made freely and not forced by anybody. Resignations go back to the third century AD.

Francis is the REAL pope. Benedict resigned.