Thread: Bambino Bellissimo vs Teddy, Differences

Default Bambino Bellissimo vs Teddy, Differences

So I ordered a sample Bellissimo, and I did notice that they are more expensive than the teddy. I just got it, and have compared it to the teddy at an initial standpoint, and i can't tell the difference aside from the print. I haven't tried wearing it yet, so i will have to experiment with that when i have more time to make it worth it to go through 2 good quality diapers.

Does anybody know if the Bellissimo just has more sap or something?

The Bellissimo has more SAP. Swells more, absorbs and retains more. Or that was the case with the older (pre-January 2014) Bellissimos. It should also (hopefully) be true of the newest version. I have a case of Teddies and Bellissimos on the way to test

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    The Bellissimo has more SAP. Swells more, absorbs and retains more.
    yep that's about it. The padding's sap content and the patten on the front panel are really the only differences.

I personally prefer Teddy because I like the pattern more (tho I am not AB) and I don't usually require 5+ wetting coverage, so why waste my money?

You will struggle to make a Bellisimo leak. Plan to wear it when you have at least 12+ hours straight to stay in it because unless you are chugging the liquids, that's how long it takes to fill one of those diapers up.

That said, I also like the Teddy better. I rarely have the time to fully use a Bellisimo, and I also find that the Teddy has a slightly different cut than the Bellismo, which makes the Teddy fit me more comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    The Bellissimo has more SAP. Swells more, absorbs and retains more. Or that was the case with the older (pre-January 2014) Bellissimos. It should also (hopefully) be true of the newest version. I have a case of Teddies and Bellissimos on the way to test
    Ah, ok, so I assumed right, cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    You will struggle to make a Bellisimo leak. Plan to wear it when you have at least 12+ hours straight to stay in it because unless you are chugging the liquids, that's how long it takes to fill one of those diapers up.
    That's the plan

For me the best thing about bellsimos is that I can pretty much do a full wetting and after a while of like 30-40 mins the SAP has sucked up everything even from the top sheet. So you're wet, but feel completely dry. It's a really weird feeling knowing your wet but not able to feel it other then your padding is squishy.

After that, it's a challenge to see if you or the diaper will fail first. Will you grow tired of it or will you get it to leak, and of course no cheating by flooding it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    For me the best thing about bellsimos is that I can pretty much do a full wetting and after a while of like 30-40 mins the SAP has sucked up everything even from the top sheet. So you're wet, but feel completely dry. It's a really weird feeling knowing your wet but not able to feel it other then your padding is squishy.

After that, it's a challenge to see if you or the diaper will fail first. Will you grow tired of it or will you get it to leak, and of course no cheating by flooding it all at once.
    Well that makes it sound a lot more exciting. Should be fun when i get to wear it, I plan to either tomorrow evening, or the whole day thursday.