Thread: What if using pacifiers became normal?

Default What if using pacifiers became normal?

Let's imagine that suddenly using pacifiers became normal and acceptable in our society.

I guessing oral fixation isn't a problem. Maybe the world would a calmer place, since everyone would have access to a source of comfort. I have to say through diapers would be come a normal much easier than pacifier would.

In some respects it already is the norm. A lot of different people have different oral fixations. Pacifiers are apparently one of the more popular ones. Sometimes people trying to stop smoking use them. Apparently they're useful.

I'm a DL, but I still have some around because I enjoy them from time to time and I think my girlfriend looks cute when she uses them.
    But I imagine it would have a pretty positive effect on everyone. Not as many people would talk about nonsense all the time. Maybe in the time it takes to reach up and pop out a pacifier, people would think before speaking.

meh, not my thing... at all.

so I could not care any less if it became acceptable (aside from the fact that I don't find it visually very appealing at any rate (seeing an adult suck on a dummy)).

Also I don't think it would have any positive influence on how society behaves in terms of being calmer or more thoughtful about whatever...
    It just would be a tad more ridiculous...

and we would be bound to see Louis Vuitton & co come out with bling versions...
    Gangsta-Rappers would have them in solid gold and diamonds.

And me? it could be more popular than elvis in his prime and I still wouldn't go for one.

In some ways it would be disappointing for our special things to become normal. Although with pacis, unlike diapers, it would make it easier to use them and give more chances - I mean you can easily go out in public with a diaper on underneath your clothes, but its not easy to go out with a paci unless you're really brave / not bothered.

It would be nice to pull one out when I am in traffic rather than only being able to do it on the hi-way. It keeps me relaxed about as well as smoking my pipe but without stinking up the car.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    It would be nice to pull one out when I am in traffic rather than only being able to do it on the hi-way. It keeps me relaxed about as well as smoking my pipe but without stinking up the car.
    And you can't do it now because…?