Thread: Tena Slip Ultima - Worth the extra money?

Default Tena Slip Ultima - Worth the extra money?

Hey, I'm going to be restocking my supply soon and i was looking at getting some tena ultimas, the tena maxi is my usual go-to nappy for most occasions but i would like something a little more absorbent for nighttime use.
    so i was wondering how these compared to the maxi from an absorbancy, bulk, comfort POV. any opinions would be very helpful, thanx

Hello there. I have had a few packs. They are good, comfortable, and absorbant. I could never work out if they actually held more in real world conditions than the Maxi. If the Maxi product in your market is still plastic backed I would stick with them. I found the cloth-like material of the Ultima would sag once wet, and therefore leak sooner, due to the less snug fit. Do you have a supplier that can send you some Ultima samples?

Either way, both are very safe products.

Have fun!

I felt the Ultima didn't hold that much more than the Maxi when I tried them, and I hated the cloth backing which rubbed off on my jeans and smelt. They cost a lot more than the maxi at the time too.

Haven´t tried them myself, but it seems the differences are rather marginal.
    You could try getting a sample or two and see for yourself, but from what I´ve heard, they´re not exactly an immense upgrade. And quite expensive.
    Personally, I´d stick with the Maxis :3

I really didn't like them much...

- Too bulky
    - swells up like crazy once wet
    - there still is that stupid "landing strip" that crinkles like a train wreck about to happen (one of the reasons why I switched to a different nappy).
    - Too much capacity... to me this is simply overkill and a waste of money thus.

My diaper supplier started selling the Tena Slip Ultima at the same time as the Tena Slip Maxi went cloth backed. My personal opinion is that the plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxi is the best, followed by the (cloth-backed) Tena Slip Ultima with the cloth-backed Tena Slip Maxi being the worst.

I can say that the Tena Slip Ultima works well as an overnight diaper for me. The backing material seems 'softer' than the cloth-backed Tena Slip Maxi and they're very absorbent without being too bulky. The Tena Slip Ultima also has a plastic landing zone, which means the tapes don't stretch and come loose overnight.

Cheers for the replies guys, will defo take ur advice and order a couple of samples before committing to a whole case