Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaks through the clothlike cover

Default leaks through the clothlike cover

hello:

i have a question, to somebody has occured that a diaper with clothlike cover just leaks over the frontal panel but through the same clothlike panel, just happened to me that and the worst was with a Deltaform diaper and well was wondering if to somebody has occured this.

best regards
    Francisco

Yes cloth like diapers tend to seep through. It is going to happen no matter what with cloth like diapers.

yeah, I noticed good nites do this. however I got the walgreens version of good nites and theydont leak out like this at all. I think it has to do with the plastics they use.

I used the delta forms before and they never leaked through like that. But others diapers with breathable clothlike cover did leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronie07 View Post
    yeah, I noticed good nites do this. however I got the walgreens version of good nites and theydont leak out like this at all. I think it has to do with the plastics they use.
    Except we are dealing with cloth, not underwear plastic types.

wmd1982

cant stand cloth they are horrible

Personally I LOVE the new cloth backed stuff! so much more comfortable.

Now there certainly are some bad ones (as with purely plastic backed diapers)...

However, for example one of the products I use almost daily (for daytime purposes) is the Tena Comfort Plus pad - these have been cloth backed for a long time now and they have gone through a lot of "evolution" over the years.
    And whilst they don't have a max-type capacity (don't need it) they certainly have never leaked through the cloth type cover!

Same goes for a diaper I've been trying recently:
    Molicare Premium Soft Super (utterly stupid product name) - all cloth cover... I've used two packs now during night time - and neither a leak anywhere nor through the cover.
    Same goes for the new TENA Slip with the cloth cover... never had anything leak through the cover.
    Same can be said for the Abena (cloth backed) - but I'm not using them for other reasons.

On the other hand years ago I had a LOT of Tena Slip Maxi diapers (plastic backed) (at that time, my night time diaper of choice) that suffered from horrible pin hole leaks.
    According to tena it was due to some problem with the heat-bonding / hot-gluing of the plastic sheet to the core. Whilst they replaced several boxes (!) it kept happening again and again - to the point where I switched to attends slip Regular M10.
    Tena have since improved again...

What I'm saying is that there certainly are some rather bad cloth backed diapers.. but so are some plastic backed ones.

Also keep in mind that the "cloth" cover is basically a LAMINATE from a "cloth like" material and usually a PE or PU type film.
    So it's still "plastic" underneath.
    Now arguably with the ones that claim to be breathable they use a Poly Urethane (PU) film as this lets some vapor through (not much different from Gore-Tex membranes (which are glorified PTFE layers (PTFE=Teflon)) - but far less effective (the PU)).

What can happen if you seriously overuse the diaper with some brands is that the thin PU film gets stretched a tad and would become a source of leaks. But I've only had this happen with very low quality "cloth-backed" diapers.

I have used Tena Supers for years, never had one leak through the cover, I am pretty sure there is a plastic layer inside with the cloth like cover on the outside. Just sampled an Abena M3, and it never leaked either.

probably is an defect which just happen in 1 ofd every 1.0000 diapers and i had the bad lucky of be the 1.000

Quote Originally Posted by dltrainer View Post
    hello:

i have a question, to somebody has occured that a diaper with clothlike cover just leaks over the frontal panel but through the same clothlike panel, just happened to me that and the worst was with a Deltaform diaper and well was wondering if to somebody has occured this.

best regards
    Francisco
    It happens to me all the time.
    That is why I also wear a pair of plastic pants over those type of adult diapers.