Thread: Supportive & Appreciated partner of an AB/DL

Red face Supportive & Appreciated partner of an AB/DL

Hello, I am an In Home Personal Carer for my Father (Who has Epilepsy, Diabetes, and other medical care needs).

What brings me here? Well that would be my partner (slugboy) who is a member on here. I am also here to learn more about ab/dl as I am supportive and understanding of slugboy's interest and desires in the ab/dl area. I feel the more I learn and understand to do with being an ab/dl, the more supportive and understanding I can be.

My interests include: Crocheting Blankets (of all shapes and sizes) - Scarves - Beanies, Swimming, Runescape (MMO), Listening to music & Watching movies (I like most genre of music & movies - really just depends on what kinda of day I am having).

Is there many other members that are in a relationship with someone who is an ab/dl?
    I am here to learn more about ab/dl as I am supportive and understanding of slugboy's interest and desires in the ab/dl area. I feel the more I learn and understand to do with being an ab/dl, the more supportive and understanding I can be.

He's incredibly lucky to have you too be there for him and be there for him no matter what. Just be there for him and be a friend.

Just being able to know that you'll love him even if he's different from others is a great burden off of his mind. As it would be to everyone here. Your life doesn't have to change, he's still the same person before you knew, just a little more to know about him. Just be comfortable and don't feel forced to do something that you aren't comfortable with. You have to set boundaries if you do wish. It is a relationship, but I do have to say it's that this thing doesn't go away. As silly as it can seem, it's real.

Welcome KuddleBear =)

It's a very kind move on your part to go and look to know more about your SO's interest.. especially when it must be a bit weird in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by KuddleBear22 View Post
    Is there many other members that are in a relationship with someone who is an ab/dl?
    There are quite a few couple on Adisc (some more active than other), so, you probably will be able to find some of the answers you are looking for.
    Feel free to look into the old threads (there is a search option on the top right of the page ; keywords like relationships; couple or understanding will probably works) or to open a new one if you like.

I am, myself, in a relationship of that kind and we are still figuring out how to deal with my abdl-ness and how to make it fit in our relationship.
    But, and I think a lot of people will agree with me, the main thing to do is to communicate with your partner.
    One abdl can be very different from another in term of needs, fantasies, stuff he likes or how accepting he/she can be of him/herself.
    So, while we can help you as much as we can, most of the work will be done between you and slugboy.

However, we still have some great advices. Try to be as clear as you can about what might be troubling you and we'll try to help the best we can.

Have a great stay on Adisc and I hope you'll find what you were looking for.

Hi and welcome to you. Congratulations for being so understanding and accepting. I think the hardest thing for an AB is probably needing someone to acknowledge that what your experiencing is in fact real, but more than just validation, someone who will genuinely care for you particularly when you are at your most vulnerable. That's where understanding partners/carers like yourself really shine. Don't try and figure it all out too soon, most of us are still trying to do that....just be there caring and you'll be awesome. Oh watch out he doesn't get too demanding lol as babies can be.

Thank you all for the Welcome. I shall take a look around and be sure to ask questions if I get stuck

KuddleBear22,

Yes, there are quite a few couples on here. I'm pretty sure that "coffeespoons" and "awife" are both caretakers.

You should find us an open and helpful bunch. I am not personally AB but if you head over to the AB/Little Forum there will be plenty of people willing to discuss relevant topics with you.

Meanwhile, can I say, welcome is great to have you on the forums,

DLE

Hi Kuddlebear22
    I'm also trying to be supportive of my partners ab/dl side. I only found out this year after 15 years together but over the last 6 months I have seen a great change in him. He is more relaxed, happy and far calmer than he used to be.
    I have found that this site has been great to be on as it made me realise that I'm not alone - and that he's not the only person to have these desires. As an outsider it sometimes feels really strange and I still sometimes find myself finding it difficult to deal with. One thing that has kept me grounded is remembering that his fetish isn't harming anybody. My husband has admitted something to me that makes him happy, so despite it being unusual (and as an outsider sometimes even weird) I have seen the positive impact it has had on both him alone and us as a couple.
    My husband has been very open with me, I now feel I can ask him any questions I have about it. I found this very important - especially in the early days when I first found out. I think, once I knew, his openness and also vulnerability is one of the reasons that I found myself to be so accepting.
    Please also feel you can ask questions here - I know many people on this site would love to have a partner who is as supportive as you seem to be and will all be there to help answer any questions you might have which would enable you understand and support your OH.
    Welcome to adisc.