Thread: Newbie Questions: Big Bro vs. Daddy, Little vs. AB,

Default Newbie Questions: Big Bro vs. Daddy, Little vs. AB,

Hey everyone! I'm new to the community (until a couple days ago, I'd been a sort of ghost in the AB/DL community)! A couple of quesitons:

What's the difference between a Daddy and a Big Bro? is the Bro supposed to be diapered, or just slightly less authoritative than a Daddy? Is there an established meaning or is it slightly different for everyone? Does it really matter?

Also, is their a better/more appropriate place to post these questions?

Based off of personal preference. I have a big brother. And yush, he is padded, but that is beside the point. I couldn't see him and I as Daddy and Son. He cares for me like a big brother does. He changes me, cuddles with me, helps me with dressing and getting my shoes on, gives me bottles, ect. Some could say he is a daddy too, and I agree. But really the only difference I see, is a matter of perspective. If you want them to be a Daddy, then they are. If you want them to be a big brother, then that is what they are. As I see it, both care for the little, and take care of them. Them being diapered or not doesn't matter.

soggyboy

Perfect place to ask!
    I myself asked a similar question about Adult Babies, as I don't identify as a baby or toddler. My regression fantasies have me as being between 6-12 years old, and I was worried that not being a "baby" was different.
    A bunch of people assured me that I wasn't alone, and could be referred to as a "little," a term that I find wonderful. It sums it up beautifully.
    Until recently, this was the "Adult Baby" forum. The word "Little" is a recent and welcome addition.

Littles of the world unite!

Quote Originally Posted by soggyboy View Post
    Perfect place to ask!
    I myself asked a similar question about Adult Babies, as I don't identify as a baby or toddler. My regression fantasies have me as being between 6-12 years old, and I was worried that not being a "baby" was different.
    A bunch of people assured me that I wasn't alone, and could be referred to as a "little," a term that I find wonderful. It sums it up beautifully.
    Until recently, this was the "Adult Baby" forum. The word "Little" is a recent and welcome addition.

Littles of the world unite!
    Also, Little can refer to a toddler as well. I see myself a a cub/littefur because I am not a baby. I am a toddler. If I wasn't furry, I'd consider myself little, as I like the name better than Adult Baby. In fact Little can refer anyone who enjoys regression, diapers or no diapers, baby age or not.

It is slightly different for everyone and ultimately does not matter. The terminology is only a substitute for conversation. For example, I am a "big sister", which for me means that I enjoy caring for other babies, even while being little myself. I am not a mommy, but I feel I fulfill the role of caretaker just the same. If I had a baby brother, I would do my best to be there for him and make sure he were safe, well-diapered, fed, and loved. I could be just as authoritative as a mommy, or not. It depends on the two people involved, and the dynamic they choose to share.

My little sister and "twin" brother live miles from me. We just think it's a wonderful way to show our unique friendship on ADISC. I hope to meet them someday, but it will probably never happen and if we did meet it would probably be just for coffee or a German beer and nothing else.

The first time I saw the term "big brother," it was an indirect way of saying "a male caretaker or ABDL dominant whose biological age is close to mine." At the time (about ten years ago), in the gay ABDL community the word "daddy" often implied a caretaker or dominant who was significantly older than the AB in real life, not just in roleplay. So expressing a preference for big brothers was a discreet way of expressing an age preference.

I don't know if the terms "daddy" and "big brother" still have this connotation in the gay male ABDL world or if they ever had this connotation in other parts of the ABDL world. Certainly there are people who are the same biological age as their partners who identify as daddies or mommies.

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone! That basically answers my question!

Basically put, littles are people who are still into regression and ageplay, but do not identify as young as the ABs do. They can range from anywhere from being a toddler to being a teenager, although they might prefer to still have some baby tendencies. In the end, it comes down to their preference.
    And Big Brothers are basically like Daddies who are also ABs or littles themselves, it is also a preference thing. While my Daddy is also a little, I still prefer to call him Daddy. In the end, it's up to you what you want to identify as, and what you want to call whoever is your caretaker.