Thread: The right size diapers for the tall and thin

Question The right size diapers for the tall and thin

Apologies if this has already been addressed in other threads but I couldn't find them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this forum who's not shaped like an average human. I'm 5'11", weigh 126lbs and am build like a bean-pole so as you can imagine my waist is pretty small (28 inches but who's counting). This makes sizing for things pretty difficult.

So my question is how should a diaper sit ideally? Should the the waistband of a diaper be above the bellybutton or below it? Despite the excellent guides on the forum, I'm still unsure about all this.

Being limited to Cuddlz diapers, I have the choice of Medium (30-38 inches waist) or Large (34-56 inches). I've tried the large size Cuddlz before and the tapes end up almost touching each other as I have to haul it in so much. Medium fits my waist fine but when I'm excited the end of my equipment almost pokes out of the waistband. It makes me too concerned to try anything for fear of instant leaks.

A fairly newbie question to ask but as you can see from my post count, I'm not very confident about sharing private things (hence all the beating around the bush above). But I'd really like to talk with others who share my problem and/or build and can share their experiences.

It seems like goodnites/drynites would probably fit fairly well - just keep everything pointed down. Have you tried those? If they don't you wouldn't be out that much money, so it seems like its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    almost wonder if you fit into like a pampers 7 etc?
    Never been able to get hold of them. They're not available in my country. Size 6 are a pretty tight fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    It seems like goodnites/drynites would probably fit fairly well - just keep everything pointed down. Have you tried those? If they don't you wouldn't be out that much money, so it seems like its worth a try.
    They were the first diaper I managed to get my hands on. Unfortunately they're worse as my equipment very definitely sticks out then.
    Being more a DL than anything AB, the act of putting on a diaper is enough to get me excited and I don't calm down until I've finished (if you know what I mean).

Though padding up last night, I looked at the situation again and a better description is that the end of my equipment ends up sitting above the absorbent padding but below the elastic waistband.

Hi Blackbird. The general rule of thumb for a good snug fit is to go by the measurement of your hips.. Not your waist. That gets your widest point and helps determine the best size product. The width of the 'wings' do change more than the length of the diaper, or at least the padded part of the diaper as you move up and down the size scales. I have laid out diapers from the same brand, one in M and one in L and noticed that the padding stops at the same point. The shell just rises a little higher.

You mentioned when excited your equipment usually gets close to the top. Most of the time during full excitement it should be hard to fully release your bladder anyway. Also, you could try pointing down, or simply taping the diaper on so that it sits slightly higher at the front instead, and rides a little lower on your rear. From the description you give, I am totally confident you are a adult medium in most brands.

Have fun!
    A.

Hi Soakingboy. That's very helpful.
    With me the term waist and hips are interchangeable as they're identical measurements.

I have been following the various pieces of advice on training yourself to wet scattered throughout the forum. In the brief times I manage to calm down enough to actually get things going, I feel that my equipment is still too high not to immediately leak out of the top if I'm not sitting vertically. Pointing down doesn't really work either as that just gets uncomfortable really quickly.

I'll try adjusting the front next time I pad up and see where that leads.

Thank you.