Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Refuses to run 5760X1080

Default Windows Refuses to run 5760X1080

ok i just did a Fresh install of windows 7 because Norton Loaded me up on Viruses and Destroyed Windows Beyond repair and now i cant get My multiple monitor setup back. i have clicked every button in the nvidia Control panel it says only one display is connected Via my DVI port when in fact all three are connected Via HDMI, DVI, and Display Port. is there a windows Driver i am missing that allows this. im lost i didnt have this problem the first install now i cant get them to work and it is quite annoying to have only one monitor

Offhand I'd say check your Nvidia driver version and possibly reinstall. Also try unplugging 2 of the monitors and then replugging them one at a time to redetect them. I sometimes have to force a redetect when I use USB dock with my laptop.

Norton is a pay for anti-virus, why would you even being to think it loaded "you" (your computer) with viruses?

Kinda like hiring a babysitter/nanny expecting them to carry out a hit on the kids.

Technically Norton is an anti virus, but more often than not it does more harm than good. At least from personal experience.
    I would suggest getting rid of Norton and pick up another AV. Then do what nray suggested. If that doesnt work try an older version of Nvidia drivers. It's possible you were running older drivers and the new ones don't work right. It wouldn't be the first time a defective driver was released.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    What video card do you have? It should say in Device Manager.
    Actually i dont need device manager i can name off every component in my PC off the top of my head its a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Classified 4GB.

i had Avast Free On Here before and never had a Problem, then i put Norton on and the computer started slowing down, freezing and blue screening which then caused some minor errors with windows and the Dual Booted Ubuntu Grub Boot Loader it got to the point it would only boot from a CD so i formated my hard drive and Reinstalled but while it was down i took it apart to clean it out and Dust it and refresh the thermal Paste on my CPU water Block because dust was getting behind it once it was put back together it ran Cooler and with a fresh windows it ran faster but i am stuck on only one screen because now it wont see my Display Port or HDMI Port. i was told by a local gaming computer shop/dealer to bring it by and he will run a test on the card itself. so im going to take that route ATM and if it is what i fear it may be i may have to RMA my Card. Lucily Best Buy sells an AMD i can throw in temporary for like $60

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Actually i dont need device manager i can name off every component in my PC off the top of my head its a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Classified 4GB.

i had Avast Free On Here before and never had a Problem, then i put Norton on and the computer started slowing down, freezing and blue screening which then caused some minor errors with windows and the Dual Booted Ubuntu Grub Boot Loader it got to the point it would only boot from a CD so i formated my hard drive and Reinstalled but while it was down i took it apart to clean it out and Dust it and refresh the thermal Paste on my CPU water Block because dust was getting behind it once it was put back together it ran Cooler and with a fresh windows it ran faster but i am stuck on only one screen because now it wont see my Display Port or HDMI Port. i was told by a local gaming computer shop/dealer to bring it by and he will run a test on the card itself. so im going to take that route ATM and if it is what i fear it may be i may have to RMA my Card. Lucily Best Buy sells an AMD i can throw in temporary for like $60
    Nerd words=mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    its a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Classified 4GB
    Did you install the latest stable WHQL driver from nVidia? It's version 337.88 and was released on 27/5/2014.

I'm sure you'll know whether you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7! You can download the drivers here:

32-bit Win7: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish-whql.exe
    64-bit Win7: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish-whql.exe

If you still have problems, the driver may have become corrupted (it happened to me the other day on a fresh Windows 7 installation). Sometimes it helps to go into Device Manager and delete the video driver and reboot. After you login again, Windows will detect the video card again and attempt to reinstall the drivers again. Hopefully that should work, but you might need to re-run the installer a final time (in case it adds any additional components other than the basic driver that Windows detects).

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Did you install the latest stable WHQL driver from nVidia? It's version 337.88 and was released on 27/5/2014.

I'm sure you'll know whether you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7! You can download the drivers here:

32-bit Win7: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish-whql.exe
    64-bit Win7: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish-whql.exe

If you still have problems, the driver may have become corrupted (it happened to me the other day on a fresh Windows 7 installation). Sometimes it helps to go into Device Manager and delete the video driver and reboot. After you login again, Windows will detect the video card again and attempt to reinstall the drivers again. Hopefully that should work, but you might need to re-run the installer a final time (in case it adds any additional components other than the basic driver that Windows detects).

Hope that helps...

Thanks Tiny!!!!

I actually found out it was a Number of things that caused it to "go Full Retard" (as they say in pop culture) when i first reinstalled i already had the two extra monitors hooked up so windows did not detect them as an extra device. that and combined with a Botched Windows 7 update/driver conflicting with a botched Nvidia Driver caused all kinds of havok. then the Motherboard stoped seeing my Corsair SSD due to windows Changing a Bios setting via a SATA update so i had to correct that and all is said and done now my big guy is back to running full steam on 5760x1080 and running fast and Smooth again.