Thread: Giving the nappies a break.

Lozza1979

Default Giving the nappies a break.

Hi guys.

I have now decided to quit the nappies for a while.I have 18 nappies left and when they're gone, or maybe even before, I'm going to quit.There are a few reasons for this.

Firstly I just want to get back to normal living.I have a lot going on right now and nappies tend to just make more things to deal with.Also there's the issues of the smell, the issues with extra garbage to deal with, the possibility of embarrassing accidents, discomfort and itching, leaks in bed which means more laundry, the cost and anything else I have forgotten.

I do love nappies, but for me now it would be refreshing to just go without for a while.Whilst I have enjoyed my time, my life has also felt a little weird since doing so.At least not being incontinent gives me the chance to turn it off whenever I want and kind of makes me appreciate my control as I now have a rough idea what it must be like to need them after wearing 24/7 for a few months.

I don't really know why I'm posting this.Maybe there are others here considering quitting for a while.I just wanted to share it I guess.

Sometimes it's good to "air out", so to speak. I like to wear at night when I sleep, but I don't wear diapers during the day for similar reasons, There's too much I have to do and get accomplished. I do wear the Baby Pants training pants, but I usually forget I have them on, and I still use the toilet. Living a fulfilling life is important to me. Life is too short to not experience as much of it as you can. After all, there's a time and place for everything.

I've recently cut back after about 6 months of 24/7. I find myself often giving in to temptation, wearing most nights and sometimes putting one on when I need a poo. Perhaps I will find a happy medium but there was definitely something about the 24/7 concept beyond simply wearing for lots of hours. I'll take it up again, no doubt....

I don't blame you one bit, honestly. I find that after a while, I'll get what I like to call "diaper burnout". I rejoined ADISC here back in March of 2014, and wore 24/7 nonstop for a while, until it started to wear on me, so I took about a month long break from wearing diapers or anything related to them. Now I'm back, with fresh diapers and plastic pants coming in the mail, but it wouldn't surprise me if I took another short break come early August. The feeling of wearing diapers is great for a while, but after bit I get mentally exhausted and just plain tired of dealing with them. Taking breaks saves me from purging, which I'd rather not deal with again.

Lozza,

I think that this is a question of balance. I was wearing more and more but was getting less joy from it. I've turned it down a bit, wearing a few times per week, at night only. Now I enjoy it. I've been 24/7 for a few day at a time. Thrilling at first but the enjoyment dissipates for me.

I think I have now got to the state where my use of diapers is somewhat better balanced with my external life. Diapers do not rule me and I can use them when I want. I think that it is unlikely that I will suffer any more binge/purge cycles as I can now accept who I am and indulge occasionally. That way it has become a treat not a chore.

I agree with you, there are significant issues with being 24/7 including a massive increase in the amount of waste, cost of buying good-quality diapers and having to manage your hygiene very carefully to make sure that you do not smell.

I would caution you to not cut it out entirely. As with so many other people on this site I have had to come to terms with this being part of my personality. It was Difficult but by integrating this into my life rather than letting it either take over or denying it entirely has allowed me to be much more comfortable with this and who I am overall.

DLE

Lozza, I think you're making a good decision and trying to balance out your life is a wonderful goal.

I actually suggest that you stop wearing 24/7 now, while you've still got those last few diapers. Don't throw them out, don't wear them, just keep them around. If the urge to wear seizes you really strongly, you'll have the option of putting one on for an evening, then going back to normal underwear.

I believe that sort of balance: wearing for part of the day or every few days, is the way that many people here have found a working balance in their lives. Wearing only at night 4 of 5 days a week is about where I'm at, and I feel like it leaves plenty of space for the rest of my life.

Hello Lozza and All.
    SissyDLE and ArchieRoni, could not agree with you more. I think, as with many things in our world, moderation is the name of the game. If we do something too often it does often, it becomes routine. It might become boring.

It is totally cool to take breaks from wearing. Be it a few days, weeks or even months. Do what feels right. Nobody is making you wear, so you do not have to make a big deal about not wearing for a while. As mentioned by others, just securely bag and store away your supplies so that they are available and ready for you when the desires do return. They will. When they do... Just tape yourself into one and enjoy once again.

These days I wear about once per week. I have a busy life and that is the best balance. I could wear more frequently. But I am trying to curb the desires a little bit. Less fuel for the fire, if you will.

I wish you all the best.
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Lozza, I think you're making a good decision and trying to balance out your life is a wonderful goal.

I actually suggest that you stop wearing 24/7 now, while you've still got those last few diapers. Don't throw them out, don't wear them, just keep them around. If the urge to wear seizes you really strongly, you'll have the option of putting one on for an evening, then going back to normal underwear.

I believe that sort of balance: wearing for part of the day or every few days, is the way that many people here have found a working balance in their lives. Wearing only at night 4 of 5 days a week is about where I'm at, and I feel like it leaves plenty of space for the rest of my life.
    I will echo the advice of keeping the remaining diapers, as the desire to start wearing again can return. Personally, my wearing habits are a bit sporadic in nature (sometimes I will go through a few diapers a day, and at other times, I will go for days without wearing diapers), so I always make sure to have diapers on hand.

I don't have much opportunity to wear 24/7 (I am always moving around at my job), but I would like to try it for an extended period (I sometimes go 24/7 on weekends), given that I have been wearing diapers more often as of late.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

I have half a pack of attends regular 9 left and 3 cuddlz printed.I will keep them stashed in my closet.