Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time I Got Nappy Rash From A Very Wet Nappy

zakrawr

Question First Time I Got Nappy Rash From A Very Wet Nappy

i slept in just a lille supreme fit super plus medium, was very wet when i went to bed in it. but hasn't been a problem before, but i guess lille nappies suck as they are the worst at wicking. so your like sitting in a puddle of wetness. plus it was more wet at the back than front.
    my bum gets rashes much easier than front part.

anyway wope up this morning, bum was itching like mad and it looks red. was good timing that in the morning, my nappies from save express arrived and the few other things i ordered.

the abena washing foam is amazing, it like disappears without water after a few seconds of applying it and didn't even have to dry it much.
    it smells of a scented aftershave like smell and has built in barrier creams and neutral PH.

that alone has made the rash better, and used some sudocream on the rash. now just airing my skin until the rash goes almost completely.

anyone know of a decent fast acting rash cream?

won't be using lille nappies or cheapo ones again certainly not wet at the back for hours on end.
    have slept in totally saturated abena x plus many times and been fine, but they wick up much better and don't leave a puddle around me,lol.

I don't think there are any 'fast acting' rash creams, but if they sell desitin in the uk, try some of that, it seems to work fairly well.

babydiaper24

Also A another way tp provent diaper rash is use baby powder and try air out A little each day.

Desitin, always... as for soothing a rash, lie on your belly with a cold wash cloth on the affected area.. That should give you relief for a while.

Don't wear until it's gone...As that would exasperate it...And just use some rash cream for it

if you must wear one while your rash is still there put some bag balm on it. It's kinda like vasaline, cause it puts a very like oil barrier and wont let anything get past it. Very good stuff for healing dry skin on your feet and hands and stuff too. Im not sure exactly where you can find it but farmers used to use it on cow's utters too

Quote Originally Posted by zakrawr View Post
    anyone know of a decent fast acting rash cream?
    A+D Ointment. That stuff is amazing, although I'm not sure if it's in the UK or not.

If you don't get relief with the A+D or similar ointments, it could be a yeast infection. This happens alot with babies as well. Another solution (if it is not a yeast infection) is cortisone cream. If it is a yeast infection, you will need an ointment similar to vagisil cream.

There was a mix we did on a paediatric (UK spelling for you) unit called "butt paste." As I recall, it was A+D, Cortisone and Maalox. I don't remember the exact amounts, but there is a product called "Butt Paste" that is the same stuff (though more $$).

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    There was a mix we did on a paediatric (UK spelling for you) unit called "butt paste." As I recall, it was A+D, Cortisone and Maalox. I don't remember the exact amounts, but there is a product called "Butt Paste" that is the same stuff (though more $$).
    Beatrix's Butt Paste

I use Johnson's baby cream before I diaper up, and it prevents the problem from happening. I also like the smell, and it makes me feel sort of babyish!