Thread: interesting experience at goodwill

Default interesting experience at goodwill

I had some spare cash so I went down to my local goodwill to find some little looking dresses (They always have a few really cute ones) and picked up about three of them, during my shopping a nice lady asked for my help with a heavy mirror and being a gentleman I helped her, so this got us chatting and she of course asked why I was buying girly dresses and I used my usual response to this question that I was buying them for my sister who liked girly things to which she responded that I was a good brother for getting her so many dresses.

After a while we both finished shopping at around the same time so we ended up checking out right after each other when the clerk told me that the tag had fallen off one of the dresses and that the store policy prevented me from buying it until it was repriced and put back on the shelves tomorrow. I was ok with it I just wanted to leave before someone i knew came in but this sweet old lad argued for about 30 minutes trying to get me that dress. She went on and on about how good a brother I was and how embarrassing this must be for me and how she would pay them double to just give it to me. Eventually I got them to take max price for the dress (about $10) just to make sure no one got ripped off. I felt bad that this woman was fighting tooth and nail for me to fill a sexual idea thinking that I was on some crusade to give a little girl a happy birthday but I didn't have the heart to tell her why I was really buying them because she was just so genuine. I kinda felt like a jerk for using this sweet old lady to get a dress, but in the end it's probably best that she didn't know why I was buying them probably would've ruined her day. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this story.

Interesting how we always tend to attract attention or unusual situations when we least want it.

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    but in the end it's probably best that she didn't know why I was buying them probably would've ruined her day.
    This is what I think also.

Imagine someone you know entering the store at that moment like "I didn't know you had a sister" (if you don't have one).

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Interesting how we always tend to attract attention or unusual situations when we least want it.

This is what I think also.

Imagine someone you know entering the store at that moment like "I didn't know you had a sister" (if you don't have one).
    I was worried that as going to happen but another good thing about goodwill is that most of my friends don't really shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    I was worried that as going to happen but another good thing about goodwill is that most of my friends don't really shop there.
    You never know which ones of your friends could be looking for little girl dresses at goodwill Perhaps they wouldn't expect you to shop there either.

Very interesting indeed but I would try to keep telling the old woman that it was no big deal and kept trying to get out of the store.