Thread: Hey y'all! I'm back! And I want to share something with you all.

Default Hey y'all! I'm back! And I want to share something with you all.

Sup adisc? Some of you know who I am, most of you are probably wondering who I am. That's fine. I've been a member since 2009, and I've hardly ever posted here during that time until now. I have a lot of social problems, and I find it nigh impossible to fit in anywhere and as a result, I have zero friends. For a good couple of years now, I was thankful for having no friends, so I could wallow in my own misery without spreading darkness and despair to others. It's only since a couple of weeks ago that I've decided that it's a very unhealthy state of mind to be in.

The last time I was posting on here, I had to leave because I felt like the community here was so incredibly tight-knit, that it was impossible for me to insert myself into the group. It really made me upset a lot, but I was of course imagining it all. I had the same chance to make friends on here than any other normal person.

The reason I felt like this, was because I was addicted to a drug. This drug is called Cannabis. It wasn't a chemical addiction, but a mental addiction. I felt like I needed it to be able to laugh, to be able to survive walking outside the front door. I depended on it for ages, using it as a crutch to forget about my problems. It was awfully destructive to my personality, and it got to the point where I said to myself "I don't want a normal life. I want to spend all day in my bedroom smoking weed." It even got the point where I was spending more than 100 a week on the stuff. That's fuckin' crazy!!

Not only did it make me forget/not care about my problems (such as having no friends, no social skills, etc), but it made the problems MUCH worse.

The last time I posted on here, I almost committed suicide as I was very deep in despair, and I saw my life as pointlessly futile. I failed, thank god, and after a long rest, I'm ready to come back. After I tackled my biggest problem, which is my drug addiction, I feel as though my real self that was locked in a cage, has finally been set free.

I still have my fair share of problems, but the biggest one is gone, so now I can focus on my other problems, such as developing my social skills, and finding a relationship.

The reason I made this thread is not to tell you all that I'm back, or why I was gone, but to tell you the dangers of Cannabis. I've smoked it almost every day for 3 years, and so now I feel like I'm confident to honestly tell you about it.

It's a funny old plant. It smells kinda funky, and the effects you get can be out of this world. But it's EXACTLY like alcohol. You have to be able to moderate it, otherwise it can take over your life, especially if you're weak willed like me. I'm not advertising it to you, just giving you a warning that you can turn into a weedaholic if you're not careful. If you currently have any mental problems, then stay away from it. It can make your condition ten times worse. I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome not long ago, and I think it was the main reason why I was so obsessed with smoking weed. I thought it was great, so I didn't want to do anything else. I was stuck in this state of mind for AGES, and I've only recently been able to crack it. I'm never going to try weed again. Even if someone offers me an ounce for free. I can't do it again, otherwise it would kill me. I bet there's people on here who smoke it, and haven't a fuckin' clue what I'm talking about. I just want to say 'Good for you'. You're able to smoke it and not become a slave to it. But there are people out there which weed will take control of. I think it's around 1 out of 20 people can become hooked onto it. I can't stop you from trying it. I can however give you a warning about it, crafted from personal experience. BE CAREFUL. Also, if you're under 18, DO NOT TRY IT. Your mind is still developing, and cannabis can interrupt that development, or at least influence it in a bad way.

Now that it is out of my life, I feel INCREDIBLE. My intelligence has taken a very noticeable climb since I've stopped, and so has my confidence. I'm still quite shy though, and I wish I could become a regular poster on here, but this is something I have to work on. I'm happy to be back, and I'm ecstatic that some people even remember me! I am now looking forward to the rest of my life..

tl;dr: Cannabis is mentally addicting to certain people. If you have to try it, be extremely careful, especially if you have mental disorders. Also I'm back to posting.

PS:

If a moderator has a problem with this post, I'm very very sorry. I studied the rules for ages to make sure not to break them. Please don't ban me. I'm not that used to posting stuff on the internet these days, so if I've said something bad or broken any rules, please don't ban me, just let me know. Otherwise I'll never learn.

Welcome back,
    And I will take a note on the Ganja. Lol Well I am here to offer my paw or hand or claw of friendship.

Welcome back PQNY!

I'm glad to hear that things are doing well now and that you are living a better life.

Welcome back. I hope that we can be a family of friends for you. I had a similar experience with pot during my college years, though I smoked for different reasons. I was with a significant other, and he and I smoked every night. Eventually I had a psychotic break and had to see a psychiatrist. There were a number of reasons that took me down that road. After college, I quit the weed and got my life on track. I should add that pot has been shown to effect people differently. We had a gal here where I live in was smoking while driving and went berserk. She crashed her car and ran from it and into the woods. She stripped off her clothes and kept running. They found her dead several days later. Her parents and friends said that pot made her go crazy.

It looks like you've set some goals for yourself and that's good. Try not to get discouraged and remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. It took me several years before I met the woman who would become my wife. Now I'm a grandfather and doing reasonably well. Hang in there.

Welcome back!

I remember briefly PM'ing with you a long time ago, but when you disappeared I'd have never imagined you were going through such a hard time. There's one very positive thing I must observe though: what you've been through is something that destroys many of the unfortunate people who find themselves in such a situation, rendering them a ghost of what they used to be, and majorly f*cking up their lives. Instead, you eventually saw what was going on, pulled your strings back together and managed to get out of it and experience first-hand how much better your body and mind function when not under the effects of a drug. That's a huge life lesson you learned and used to empower yourself, and anyone who has gone far in life knows that committing mistakes, and realizing what was going wrong, is the most effective way we have to learn things. So kudos to you, and may things get better and better for you from now on!

Cannabis, I may have tried it a couple of times at best in my life just for the sake of knowing what it was all about, but not being a smoker in the first place it just felt like munching on some coffee funds... I don't mind the smell per se when others smoke it, but that's it. I consider myself lucky!

Looking forward to seeing you around more on here!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    We had a gal here where I live in was smoking while driving and went berserk. She crashed her car and ran from it and into the woods. She stripped off her clothes and kept running. They found her dead several days later. Her parents and friends said that pot made her go crazy.
    As a EMT i have seen just about everything and this story has clues that lead me to believe it was not pot, but "sherm's" pot dipped in PCP that caused this gals death.
    PCP makes the body feel like its burning up and people will strip off there clothes.

This is the problem with illegal drugs on the street.
    You never know what you are really getting.

Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    As a EMT i have seen just about everything and this story has clues that lead me to believe it was not pot, but "sherm's" pot dipped in PCP that caused this gals death.
    PCP makes the body feel like its burning up and people will strip off there clothes.

This is the problem with illegal drugs on the street.
    You never know what you are really getting.
    Not only did I not think of that, but neither did our newspaper reporter. I'll bet you're right, however. Back in the late 60s, the word on the street that a lot of the pot was sprayed with strychnine. What ever it was, it would make your muscles tense up and heighten the hallucinogenic experience.

PQNY,

Welcome back. Drugs. Hmmm. Had a dalliance with them at college. Not good. It was a bad combination for me but some very, very, very nice people around me helped me!

I think you will find that we are a very open group here these days. I only joined about two months ago and have been ecstatic at the welcome that I have received.

One thing though, whilst ADISC is a great place for support, the only way that you will hone your social skills is to get out and meet people.

Meanwhile, post away to your hearts content, you are very welcome here.

DLE

Thanks for sharing this. I have never tried it but have friends and family that are crazy about it, so my life has been negatively affected for many years.
    Fascinating

Welcome back too! By the way, Big Mac is my favorite minor character in MLP.