Thread: Hey Everyone!

Default Hey Everyone!

1) Hello! Who are you?

I graduated from college this past spring, and now plan to attend graduate school. I'm specifically interested in sociology and would like to pursue academic research in that area.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

I've always had an overactive bladder, but recently the problem has been progressing to where it was having an effect on my day to day life and I felt that it would be wise to start looking into my options for protection. My search for information about incontinence products led me here, and I was excited to find a forum of people who knew the ins and outs of adult diapers. I may not be a diaper lover at the moment, but I'm hoping I can take a page from the book of this forum's members and become one eventually.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

My hobbies include shopping (I love scoring a bargain!) and makeup.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I would love to see why people enjoy wearing diapers and hopefully become more accepting of my current situation as a side effect. Also, I would like to gain insight from people who have had a lot of experience wearing diapers.

Welcome to ADISC, ks89!

It sounds like youre going to find what you're looking for in the "diaper talk" forum. The threads there are less focused on the whole AB thing and more on, as you said, "the ins and outs of adult diapers." We also have a bunch of reviews of some great (and not so great) diapers in the articles section.

As far as not being a DL yourself... well, that may happen, and it may not. Either way, i'm sure youll find this site to be a helpful and informative tool as you explore it!! The best advice I can give you is just to be honest and accepting with yourself and don't feel pressured either way. Again, you are welcome here and feel free to ask any of us questions, myself included.

Welcome to the forums!

We are a supportive group here. As well as the Diaper Talk forum, you will get some solid advice on the Incontinence forum. DL or not DL, the IC's will rally round you and provide support I am sure. We have had quite a few people struggling with being newly IC or DL curious.

One thing, have you had any medical help for the overactive bladder? Diapers really ought not be your first option here. There are often a lot of underlying causes for the overactive bladder that can be treated. Also there are exercises that can help with bladder control. It is one thing wearing diapers because you want to. quite another wearing because you have to. The latter can be quite a chore as some of the IC's will tell you.

Engage in the forums, ask questions and we will do all we can to help.

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

Stay dry and happy!