Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena & Dry Comparison?

Default Abena & Dry Comparison?

As I have been reading and researching I have come across 3 Diapers I should try, M4, Dry 24/7 and Bellissimo. But one is ruled out due to it being out of stock and since I need to order some soon I was wondering if I keep buying the same or order different? I came across two Disposables that might be interesting and suited better for stressful days. I tried the Abena M4 (great Diaper) and I would like to try Dry 24/7 as everyone claims "The very best" and especially the new one's came out a little while ago. I researched the numbers and I need a little help with what you think I should stick to?

Abena M4 VS Dry 24/7 (Note: This isn't meant for messing)

I did the major standards of requirements for these two diapers and these were my results. (without booster pads)

Elastic waistband: No/Yes (Dry 24/7 wins)
    Price Per to make: $1.43/$1.65 (Abena wins)
    Total Capacity: 75oz./95oz (Dry 24/7 wins)
    Discreet: Yes/No (Abena Wins)
    Leakage Press-out: .3oz/.2oz (Dry 24/7 wins)
    Wet Thickness: 1.4in/2.0in (Abena wins) For interests, if people prefer squishiness then Dry 24/7 wins

I think that summon's the two up. They both run neck and neck and right now I can only have one brand till future tells me that I can have both. I don't have sensitive skin so I can save money with less around changes but I still pour baby powder in for safety :3 Apparently Abena's are cheaper than Dry's but Dry's money is worth it. Argh! I just don't know I need help here! Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Snivy; 03-Jul-2014 at 04:46.

Well seeing how it is that I have tried the new Dry 24/7's and the abena abri-form (I take a large fyi) I should inform you that the new Dry 24/7's are pretty good but their tapes are low average in terms of quality. The reason why Dry 24/7's are otherwise so good is that everything else about them is extremely good. I would recommend the Abena over the Dry 24/7 but it is a close call there. I am still using a case of Dry 24/7 but I don't see that $118 price tag that comes with 72 diapers quite being worth it at this time. I got a case for $95 when they where on sale and they are pretty good just not worth that much. The Abena I believe will give you more for less but not much. Don't get me wrong though from just a AB point of view I think trying Dry 24/7 every now and then is worth every penny but barely so.

Dry 24/7 easily would beat Abena in a comparison. I have both and there's many reasons why Dry 24/7 is better.

Dry 24/7 has a more durable plastic shell. It is thicker, quieter, and there's no ugly designs on them. There's also no wetness indicator, but none is really needed.

Dry 24/7 has a waistband in front and back. Abena does not.

The tapes on the Dry 24/7 is much bigger. They stick better. They can easily be pulled off while applying and reapplied without compromising the bottom tape or ripping the plastic.

Abena's padding falls apart very easily and gets uncomfortable.

Dry 24/7 holds more urine than Abena. Abenas rating of capacity seems diminished from what it says it does.

Dry 24/7 is superior by far.

Dry 24/7 I prefer but the tapes aren't too good

Abena M4 I still love though.

I was so excited about Dry 24/7, but I have to say that I still prefer Abena M4's..

Oh well, somebody has to be different

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Dry 24/7 easily would beat Abena in a comparison. I have both and there's many reasons why Dry 24/7 is better.

Dry 24/7 has a more durable plastic shell. It is thicker, quieter, and there's no ugly designs on them. There's also no wetness indicator, but none is really needed.

Dry 24/7 has a waistband in front and back. Abena does not.

The tapes on the Dry 24/7 is much bigger. They stick better. They can easily be pulled off while applying and reapplied without compromising the bottom tape or ripping the plastic.

Abena's padding falls apart very easily and gets uncomfortable.

Dry 24/7 holds more urine than Abena. Abenas rating of capacity seems diminished from what it says it does.

Dry 24/7 is superior by far.
    Well-said. I'd agree with all of that.

Some additions though.

First 247's confidry were recently substantially discounted. Abena rarely go on sale. I got mine for $1.32/pc. Could NOT turn that down.

Second, although these diapers may not be noisy, they are far from discrete. even when dry, they are very visually obvious due to their size. Worse when wet.

It's pretty much a privacy diaper then if Pants & cover shirt don't help it. Still I wouldn't mind taking the risk if they are easy to store.

Sorry but from what I have heard people say the tapes are good. From my own personal experience the tapes are not good. Don't get me wrong though the only thing that Abena's have on Dry 24/7 are the tapes and the price tag that they come with. Hands down though Dry 24/7 have Abena M4's beat in all other categories easily and I do like them though.