Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: under the dome season 2

Default under the dome season 2

who is ready for it tonight?! I know i am

I am as well. We DVR'd it, so I'll see it on another night. The TV version is so very different from the book, but it's entertaining.

I PVR'ed it last night and will probably watch it tonight. I heard that two of the main characters get killed off. There's a couple of people I wouldn't miss very much, as long as Barbie, Julia, and Jim Rennie stick around. Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying this show.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 02-Jul-2014 at 13:10.

I've seen a few episodes of S1 with my father (he had it on and I'd peek up every now and then from whatever I was doing), and it seemed very... I don't know, hit or miss, I guess? Then again, I haven't seen it from the start nor have I paid much attention to it, but a lot of the characters seemed to act unrealistically and oblivious or fake to a lot of what is going on in the show.

I may have to try and watch it again to get a better idea of what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I PVR'ed it last night and will probably watch it tonight. I heard that two of the main characters get killed off. There's a couple of people I wouldn't miss very much, as long as Barbie, Julia, and Jim Rennie stick around. Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying this show.
    It was a really good start for season 2 i am ready for tonights episode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I am as well. We DVR'd it, so I'll see it on another night. The TV version is so very different from the book, but it's entertaining.
    You watch it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    It was a really good start for season 2 i am ready for tonights episode

- - - Updated - - -

You watch it yet?
    Yes and I was surprised that they killed off two major characters. Angie was killed off in the first or second chapter of the book, so she was never an ongoing character, at least not as a living one. In the book, Junior continuously had sex with her dead and decomposing body. I thought it was interesting that they took an easy way out to let Barbie off the gallows. In the book, he's put in the town jail, and he has to use his wits in order to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes and I was surprised that they killed off two major characters. Angie was killed off in the first or second chapter of the book, so she was never an ongoing character, at least not as a living one. In the book, Junior continuously had sex with her dead and decomposing body. I thought it was interesting that they took an easy way out to let Barbie off the gallows. In the book, he's put in the town jail, and he has to use his wits in order to escape.
    I was kind of glad to see they killed off Linda. She had this whiny voice that drove me nuts. I didn't read the book so I didn't know that Angie was doomed from the start. I was hoping they were going to off Nory's mom. She just doesn't contribute much to the plot. I agree that Barbie got out too easy, but we knew he was going to be sticking around. I didn't know Junior was such a sick puppy, I wonder of they'll carry that part of the book over to the show. He just seems to have gone from psychopath to a good guy and now it looks like they might do the same thing with Big Jim. Along with Barbie, everyone just seems to be redeeming themselves. This must stop!! We need more madness, creepiness, and insanity. And was it just me or did it seem totally absurd making the town DJ the local sheriff. Are there no qualification to this job?

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I was kind of glad to see they killed off Linda. She had this whiny voice that drove me nuts. I didn't read the book so I didn't know that Angie was doomed from the start. I was hoping they were going to off Nory's mom. She just doesn't contribute much to the plot. I agree that Barbie got out too easy, but we knew he was going to be sticking around. I didn't know Junior was such a sick puppy, I wonder of they'll carry that part of the book over to the show. He just seems to have gone from psychopath to a good guy and now it looks like they might do the same thing with Big Jim. Along with Barbie, everyone just seems to be redeeming themselves. This must stop!! We need more madness, creepiness, and insanity. And was it just me or did it seem totally absurd making the town DJ the local sheriff. Are there no qualification to this job?
    Norrie is interesting because in the book, she was a townie living with her mother and father. The father was in the fire squad which was away in another town, so he got stuck on the other side of the dome. In the book, Junior had a brain tumor that was making him go crazy. As for the DJ, in the book, he was running the math lab and was also crazy: crazy, stupid and very dangerous.

I really enjoyed the show.

Different from the books.