Thread: Celebrating Champions

Default Celebrating Champions

Did anyone watch Celebrating Champions on Fox Sports 1 tonight? I did, and I am glad that I was a part of that amazing spectacle that was the 2014 Special Olympics USA Games. I will make it to the 2018 Games and I will try my best to get a gold medal and be the National Champion. I live my life by the Special Olympics motto, Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

That's a great motto. I wish you well. I think it's great that people can compete on different levels. For me, what's important is being able to play the game. I used to play men's league softball. I loved the game whether we won or lost. Now I ride my bike out on our bike path. It's a converted rail trail, and runs along the side of a creek through the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains. It's a place where I can challenge my body, and free my mind.