Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is one game that never got a release that you wish you could play right now?

Default What is one game that never got a release that you wish you could play right now?

It doesn't matter how new or old this game or these games is/are. All that matters is they never got a release after much hype from their developer. The one game that I wish would have had a release would be Dinosaur Planet by RARE for the N64. If you haven't heard of this project, then look at my profile picture, which is Krystal from Star Fox Adventures. Krystal was originally going to be one of two protagonists in Dinosaur Planet, but due to Nintendo Gamecube's scheduled release the project got canned and was passed to Nintendo, which somehow decided to turn it into a Star Fox title mixed with Legend of Zelda elements. The problem, however, is that in doing so most of the original story of Dinosaur Planet was destroyed by Star Fox, my favorite franchise by Nintendo. Krystal, originally a cat, was meant to be a player character for the entire game along with her brother, whom was replaced with Fox. Throughout the story the characters were going to grow up while fighting the evil General Scales. To add insult to injury General Scales was made as a throw-away fight, and they replaced the final boss with Andross (the obvious Star Fox antagonist). This also means that Krystal isn't supposed to actually be a Nintendo character at all. What games that never were do you wish you could play as of right now?

Last edited by EllieMarieBinx; 30-Jun-2014 at 14:02. Reason: Typo on thread title

My "one cancelled game I wish I could play" also has dinosaurs in it - BC by Peter Molyneux. Despite being on the absolute wrong platform, published by the wrong company and coming out at the wrong time, it sounded like one of the greatest open world games ever. To be fair, i've thought the same thing about some of his other games (mostly Black and White, which was very good, but not spectacular).

Sometimes I wonder why game companies will invest so heavily in a production, test it to death and then decide not to release it... but then some games come along and remind us why this happens (the half baked Daikatana, SimCity (2013) and from what I've heard, Battlefield 4 come to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeWayAvenue View Post
    It doesn't matter how new or old this game or these games is/are. All that matters is they never got a release after much hype from their developer. The one game that I wish would have had a release would be Dinosaur Planet by RARE for the N64. If you haven't heard of this project, then look at my profile picture, which is Krystal from Star Fox Adventures. Krystal was originally going to be one of two protagonists in Dinosaur Planet, but due to Nintendo Gamecube's scheduled release the project got canned and was passed to Nintendo, which somehow decided to turn it into a Star Fox title mixed with Legend of Zelda elements. The problem, however, is that in doing so most of the original story of Dinosaur Planet was destroyed by Star Fox, my favorite franchise by Nintendo. Krystal, originally a cat, was meant to be a player character for the entire game along with her brother, whom was replaced with Fox. Throughout the story the characters were going to grow up while fighting the evil General Scales. To add insult to injury General Scales was made as a throw-away fight, and they replaced the final boss with Andross (the obvious Star Fox antagonist). This also means that Krystal isn't supposed to actually be a Nintendo character at all. What games that never were do you wish you could play as of right now?

That actually looked like a great game. I would have liked to play that as well.

As for me,

Legend of Dragoon 2 for the PS1 (Or PS2)

The first Legend of Dragoon was amazing.. and The sequel LOD2 was apparently in its developmental stage before it got scrapped.

Sucks.

KOTOR III, Lucasarts cancelled it and instead, The Old Republic was made instead. There's also Freelancer 2, but as Elite: Dangerous is being made, that's a pretty good substitute.

StarCraft Ghost. Blizzard indefinitely cancelled back in 06' I was looking forward to the game so much. I mean a First Person Stealth Shooter set in the StarCraft Universe, it would have been so freaking bad ass.

Resident evil 4 was different in early development, it was inside of a castle/mansion and very creepy. The final game changed from this vision because it was according to the director too "supernatural". I wet my pants thinking about what it could have been still to this day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg

The Fast And the Furious Game Advertised in the 2 Fast 2 Furious Special Features

Sadly i was just 11 at the time i saw it and had it pre ordered at EB gmaes and last minuite it was Canceled

Silicon Knights promised an Eternal Darkness sequel that was never released. Not that it needed a sequel, and it most likely would've been horrible, but sometimes I wonder what it would've been like playing it.

I didnt get to finish the original but that game was serious fun with how it messed with the player.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    StarCraft Ghost. Blizzard indefinitely cancelled back in 06' I was looking forward to the game so much. I mean a First Person Stealth Shooter set in the StarCraft Universe, it would have been so freaking bad ass.
    Man, forgot about SC Ghost. Yeah, put me down for that one too.