Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neck problems

Default Neck problems

So I've been having neck pains for the past few days(didn't go to school because of it) and get small headaches that come with it, and it's really getting to bother me. My parents think I'm faking to miss school and won't take me to the doctors but I know at least meningitus is ruled out due to my having this for a few days now and its only been small annoying head aches nothing big...

So my question for all of you since I can't go to a doctor because my parents don't believe me is, do any of you know what may be wrong, and how can I fix this because it is really getting on my nerves.

<emt>
    Well, have you had any type of traumatic injury in the last month, not limited to your head and neck? Trauma to any part of the body can cause a whiplash and neck injuries. Are you eating anything you could possibly be allergic to? Are you having any dental problems? Could it just be stress causing tension? Are there any vertebrae that feel like they're not in line with the rest?

There are countless different conditions that could be causing neck pain with accompanying minor headaches. Without a proper examination or at least some more information it's impossible to diagnose. However, good job for actually knowing about meningitis and it's accompanying symptoms at your age. Try and convince them that you need to see a doctor, as it could be something big. If it persists for several more days, then it's going to be something you really want to see a doctor for, so make sure you remain persistent.
    </emt>

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    <emt>
    Well, have you had any type of traumatic injury in the last month, not limited to your head and neck? Trauma to any part of the body can cause a whiplash and neck injuries. Are you eating anything you could possibly be allergic to? Are you having any dental problems? Could it just be stress causing tension? Are there any vertebrae that feel like they're not in line with the rest?

There are countless different conditions that could be causing neck pain with accompanying minor headaches. Without a proper examination or at least some more information it's impossible to diagnose. However, good job for actually knowing about meningitis and it's accompanying symptoms at your age. Try and convince them that you need to see a doctor, as it could be something big. If it persists for several more days, then it's going to be something you really want to see a doctor for, so make sure you remain persistent.
    </emt>

I cracked my neck almost everyday prior to this and actually have stress problems where I worry about everything(it is finals week at school).

Also I'm a hypochondriac, if I get one symptom of something I begin to freak out and make it worse.

Also again on the meningitis note I did the whole chin to chest test and there was no pain(one of my friend's mom is an RN), when I movie my neck it cracks slightly and doesn't have the stiffness just pain and cracking, which is what is more then likely causing the headache.

I'm just wholly unsure as to cause of this, and I'm starting to get really freaking out by it.

If there's really a huge problem, just insist to go to the doctor...There's nothing else you can really do without potentially harming yourself (like home remedies for "neck pain")

If a couple days on Advil, (ibprofen) doesnt clear it up see a doctor.

Neck pain is a "pain in the neck"!

Nam

Take some ibuprofen for immediate pain. Are you sleeping strangely? Like do you wake up in uncomfortable positions? Spending to much time bending your neck over something, like doing homework, could make it sore and stiff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    Take some ibuprofen for immediate pain. Are you sleeping strangely? Like do you wake up in uncomfortable positions? Spending to much time bending your neck over something, like doing homework, could make it sore and stiff as well.

I spend a ton of time on the computer, which is most likely the cause...

Just the fact that its been here for a while and is now giving me small headaches is what bothers me, I guess it's all just a matter of trying to get my parents to actually take me to the doctor's...

Whiplash is a nasty thing to have >.>. It can take its time going away like 3 monthes.

Well, I spend an average of 6 hours a day on a computer during the school year, crack my neck several times a day, and wear glasses that need cleaning most the time, I get those headaches too. A lot of it now is because of my headset, it's oddly shaped and presses in on the top of my head. So just try staying off the computer for a day or so, that's what I do when either my head hurts or my carpel tunnel acts up.