Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thickest Tena Plastic Backed Diaper

Default Thickest Tena Plastic Backed Diaper

I'm just wondering what the name of the thickest tena plastic backed diaper is.

We have shitty brands in Canada at drug stores and they are all cloth based. I will order online. I just need to know what the thickest one is.

Thanks for the help

The Tena Slip Maxi recently switched to a cloth backing (at least in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    The Tena Slip Maxi recently switched to a cloth backing (at least in the UK).
    cgh is right, in a few months you won't be able to buy the Slip in plastic anymore, but the current and also last batch of plastic backed slips is still available online while their still in stock. B4NS still has them in medium and large, and i just ordered some smalls from agecomfort. healthwick has smalls too. i'm actually a medium but B4NS charges a lot for the slip maxi. maybe you don't want to spend $60 when you can spend $30 on the same diaper a size down.

The Tena Slip Maxi, which I wear daily, still has a plastic shell.

The Tena Web site indicates that the plastic shell Tena Slips are still in production, but do not appear to be distributed by Tena directly in Canada or the U.S. However, European-made Tena Slip Maxi diapers can be ordered from XP Medical.

The excellent Tena Slip Ultra has a cloth-like backing.

Both diapers use SAP crystals to absorb and hold urine, rather than pulp fluff. Accordingly, neither diaper is thick. The Tena Slip Maxi, when dry, is only .3" thick.

I am incontinent and wear diapers 24/7.

Seems like UK & US has this cloth cover problem. All tena slips (except ultima) still has plastic cover ordered from any reseller here in finland. I am also incontinent and prefer a thick plastic diaper to bed, since the tapes on the cloth cover diapers seem to come loose and stretch too much. Also they give out odour that makes your sheets stink, doesn't happen with plastic ones. That is why I've changed my daytime diaper to tena slip maxis from tena pants/stretch, no noticeable stink.

Quote Originally Posted by dprlover90 View Post
    Tena Slip Maxi
    Though Tena Slip are Tena's most absoarbant diaper, from what I have read they are not thick in comparison to something like an Abina or Molicare. That being said I hear they are a good thin diaper with lots of absorbency.

Other good thick plastic-backed diapers include the Abena Abri-form X-Plus in Level 4, ConfiDry 24/7, the TotalDry C-Plus (formerly Secure X-Plus), and Absorbency Plus (from XP Medical). The Absorbency Plus when saturated is 2" thick. Molicare Super Plus also is a good relatively thick plastic-backed diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jdinvirginia View Post
    Other good thick plastic-backed diapers include the Abena Abri-form X-Plus in Level 4, ConfiDry 24/7, the TotalDry C-Plus (formerly Secure X-Plus), and Absorbency Plus (from XP Medical). The Absorbency Plus when saturated is 2" thick. Molicare Super Plus also is a good relatively thick plastic-backed diaper.
    Thank you