Thread: Brand New Depends Products!

Default Brand New Depends Products!

So, last night I went wandering around my local Wal-Mart looking at the new Goodnites and seeing if they had the Tru-Fit's on the shelves, or at least the pads. I continued to wander and found myself in the adult incontinence section (I was thinking that they might keep the Tru-Fits there as they are going for a more grown-up look).

I was perusing the absolutely horrible selection when my eyes settled on two unfamiliar packages that said 'Depend' on them. The material was very strange, the patterns were very different and the packaging was very unique for incontinence products.

They were two new types of large pads (or chux) for furniture and your bed. They were packed in the heavy clear plastic box with zipper that bed sheets usually come in, leaving the contents on full display and the ability to reach in and feel the product.

The bed pads have a pretty cool looking alternating color stripe pattern, that covers the whole surface. It covers the WHOLE surface. I don't mean that the edges have a pattern and then it's just a large plain white pad, I mean the pattern covers ALL of it. The same for the smaller furniture pads.

The furniture pads are an ugly brown color that purportedly is designed to match the color of furniture such as couches. I took a couple of cell phone pictures that I will share when I can figure out how to do it. I am curious enough that I'll probably snag a bag of each when I get paid again. They're….interesting.

In the meantime, I just looked into their website and got the link for you guys. Just click one of the two options below the picture of either product to see more information and manufacturer pictures.

Urinary Incontinence Products for Your Home - Frequent Urination | Depend®

I'll check into this on my next visit to CVS. I buy under pads for changing pads, so will be curious to see what the prices are.
    Also want to know what the demensions are. I like a 30"x36" underpad.

I don't remember the quantities or sizes, but I do remember thinking that they were very overpriced, just like the Goodnites bedpads. It's been a while since I bought any underpads (the last time was so that I could wrap and store my firearms before heading overseas for a long while) but I remember them being very cheap for quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    I don't remember the quantities or sizes, but I do remember thinking that they were very overpriced, just like the Goodnites bedpads. It's been a while since I bought any underpads (the last time was so that I could wrap and store my firearms before heading overseas for a long while) but I remember them being very cheap for quite a few.
    When I clicked on the link that was what I was looking for sizes and pricing. I buy the CVS or Walgreens underpads and it seems like their around
    Ten dollars for a pack of Ten.

I bought a pack of those a few weeks ago and am not overly impressed. They are really soft and as has already been emphasized the pattern covers the entire absorbant side (I hope they do this for gn bedmats eventually). My objection to them is that there is no way to keep them in place. Most bedmats have sticke sides or wings that can be tucked under the mattress to keep them where needed. The depend ones ended up scrunched against the side of my bed not doing anything to protect the bed.

It is interesting that Depends came out with a disposable diaper pad, since they believe their Depends don't leak! If they don't leak, then why the new product?

Quote Originally Posted by mayeyeplease View Post
    Incontinence Products & Supplies for Incontinent Women | Depend® Brand

The description states that it has slip resistan backing
    Either mine did not have that feature, or it doesn't work.

Are you implying that Depend has produced a product that lacks features or doesn't do what they say it should do?....That hasn't happened ever ;-)