Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having largely fluctuation ABDL desires?

Default Anyone else having largely fluctuation ABDL desires?

I ask this because I'm somewhat confused by how strongly my interests for ABDL activities and diapers will come and go. They were probably strongest between the 13-16 age period. I join this site 5 years ago, so I was 14 then. At the age of 17 the desires pretty much left me. Then at 18 they came back, but only for a few months, and after I finished my order of Bambinos I didn't feel a want or desire for more diapers. Now, at 19, I'm having strong desires for more diapers. Can anyone else relate? I would really like to be a more active member in this amazing community that I've had an account for for 5 years, but the interest hasn't been there for a lot of the time.

Yeah, most ABDLs are that way. At least, most start out that way. Its commonly referred to as binge purge cycle. I for one am definitely guilty of this.

It's incredibly common, but often times the purge usually has you throwing out a lot of stuff you spent a decent amount of money on. Then a few weeks or months later, you regret throwing it out and you buy more. It can be a viscous cycle. I don't really have it happen anymore except for maybe more the AB stuff, diapers I have learned to accept. Acceptance takes a long time, but once you get to that point, its a whole lot easier and your less likely to fall into this cycle, though once in a while you may get the urge, but time teaches you to just sit through it and not act on it.

soggyboy

For myself, I have always enjoyed pants wetting.
    I think from a very young age I loved peeing in my swimsuit and being allowed, even told, to do so. This probably went on between the age of 4-8. As I got older, I still peed in my swimsuit all the time, but would stop asking for permission or announcing what I had done.
    After I stopped bed wetting at 11, I found the urge to wet was still a constant, and I would wet my pants in private whenever I knew that I could get away with it, which wasn't often.
    Going through puberty the urge for wet pants intensified, but whilst interested in diapers, never considered using them.
    My interest in diapers really didn't form completely until in my 20s, and that's the part that waxes and wanes for me. I will get an urge for nappies that just won't quit, buy some, and by the time I've used them I'm happy to go without for a long time. I think that the hiding/secretive part is a major hassle.
    But the one constant remains, I love peeing in my pants! I think that while I can indulge in that harmless pleasure occasionally, it keeps the diaper urges at bay.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, I just checked out your profile. Where you say that you're from Wa, that isn't Western Australia by any chance is it?

CrinklySiren

if it makes you feel any better, i probably wear diapers and dress up and baby out maybe once every couple of months because my desire to do so is very minimal, but i'm still very active in the community regardless. You can be active in the community without being an active practitioner. My desires were similar to yours, but now i kinda just go with the flow, when i wanna wear, i wear, when i wanna be a baby girl, i do so :P

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a binge purge cycle as MotoX has put it, but then again its only because i was under the impression that binge purge cycles involved moments of strong desire that are later resulted with moments of strong shame or embarrassment, and sometimes throwing away of all the stuff you have. I think you should just do it whenever you get the urge, and not do it whenever you dont get the urge, kinda just balance it out ~ Be part of the community as much as you want lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to call it a binge purge cycle as MotoX has put it, but then again its only because i was under the impression that binge purge cycles involved moments of strong desire that are later resulted with moments of strong shame or embarrassment, and sometimes throwing away of all the stuff you have. I think you should just do it whenever you get the urge, and not do it whenever you dont get the urge, kinda just balance it out ~ Be part of the community as much as you want lol
    Yeah, it's not a binge/purge cycle I'm going through, I don't feel shame about my ABDL desires, they just haven't been there :p

Ok, yeah I would agree with that Emily and BabyLink. I went through binge purge cycles where I all but needed diapers then would be so ashamed I would throw everything away. So maybe its just a cycle of wanting them and then not caring anymore so like a binge then don't care cycle! As far as being a part of the community, if you had no desire to be an ABDL ever but still wanted to contribute, that's great. I think anyone who cares about it and wants to help is welcome. Now I haven't been here very long so I don't know if I can really say that but for me, I like the idea of people with tons of view points as long as the are positively contributing and not just running people down so I would say join in whether you have the desire at that moment or not!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLink View Post
    Yeah, it's not a binge/purge cycle I'm going through, I don't feel shame about my ABDL desires, they just haven't been there :p
    It's still a binge/purge cycle, even if it's not the classic case.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    It's still a binge/purge cycle, even if it's not the classic case.
    I disagree. If I lose interest in steak for a while after having a lot of it, I'm not purging. Interests and urges can ebb and flow in a easy an comfortable way. Binges and purges to me intrinsically suggest a lack of control or ease and for that reason I find it more descriptive of the feeling I used to have where I loathed myself for my urges and distanced myself from diapers or other accessories by force of will that was rooted in guilt and shame. I can easily go a couple weeks or even months without quite feeling like I want to wear and to call that a purge strikes me as a misnomer.

Mine has always come and went. It has nothing to do with a binge/purge cycle. Sometimes the desires fade away and then it comes back. Sometimes you feel bored with diapers and then quit and then the desires come back. It never truly goes away because it always comes back so always hang onto your AB/DL items. Pack them away when you don't have the urges so that way you won't have to go out and buy them again.