Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I almost died today

Default I almost died today

No this is not a joke. I almost died today. I was assaulted by a lunatic with a kitchen nife stabbed me in the leg.and got 4 stiches

Did they catch the guy
    Last edited by Fullmetallittle; 25-Jun-2014 at 04:14. Reason: Curse word

First of all, let me say how sorry I am that this happened to you. I'm glad you're safe now and still alive. That's the most important thing. I think it's hard for people who haven't lived through such a trauma to understand how much this really affects a person..

I don't think we have spoken directly to each other prior to this, but it appears that you and I are now members of the same club; survivors of an assault. I haven't shared this story with anyone on this site because it was one of the most traumatic things that ever happened to me.

On September 7, 2004, while out on my morning run, I was randomly attacked by two thugs. No reason, they were just out looking for someone to beat up, and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In attempting to escape, I ran faster than I had ever run in my life and lost my balance. At full speed my knees crashed into the pavement and my head hit the ground. I was unconscious for several seconds and when I came to and tried to get my bearings I opened my eyes to see one of my attackers flying through the air attempting to land by kicking my head in. I don't know how I moved quickly enough to avoid the contact but I did. Bystanders were calling 911 as they took off. My knees and elbow were covered in blood and my head was bruised. I was in a daze.

It took several days to determine the extent of the injuries and I was afraid I would never be able to run again. After nearly two months, I recovered and ran my first race in more than two decades. Somehow, it seemed a way of reclaiming my life.

Please take care of yourself and don't underestimate how much this experience affects you. Work with your doctors and take care of the injuries, then take care of your emotional wellbeing. Don't minimize what has happened to you. You have survived a trauma and this is going to be with you for a long time. I strongly advise that you get counselling to deal with the after effects. Send me a PM anytime if you want to talk about it. I've been there. You're not alone.

Last edited by Starrunner; 26-Jun-2014 at 12:00.

well Im in the hospital but it not much of a problem my legs alright but im stuck here for a while. this is actually a pretty common thing for me I've fought where i live all my life. and thank you i really appreciate it. I don't really see to many people being concerened when other people are hurt.

Oh wow! Glad you're ok! That must have been scary

I've been shot at, or passed, to be precise. Some guy was pissed at another jerk who was standing behind me. I didn't know either one of them. The one guy takes out a 37 magnum revolver and lets off a shot, the bullet flying past my head. I was going into the church where I worked, so I ran in. I picked up the phone to call 911 and I couldn't make my voice work. I literally was speechless. The operator was getting pissed, saying hello, hello....who's there...may I help you and getting angrier. Finally my voice kicked in and I was able to report the incident.

We live in a violent world with a lot of crazy people. It makes no sense.

at least your okay this world is often to cruel for it's own good.