Thread: How to wear plastic pants?

Default How to wear plastic pants?

I have a pair of the salk pull on plastic pants. I'm assuming the side with the tag is the back, but if thats true, that makes the front portion of the pants a lot larger than the back. Shouldn't it be the other way around? How do I wear these???

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dbannn View Post
    I have a pair of the salk pull on plastic pants. I'm assuming the side with the tag is the back, but if thats true, that makes the front portion of the pants a lot larger than the back. Shouldn't it be the other way around? How do I wear these???
    Regardless the location of the tag, for comfort - mall side to the front and voluptuous side to the fattyass. This is assuming that you are not one of those pain is your friend freaks, in which case you simply slip them on over your head.

PS: Shouldn't drink and post!

Since almost all plastic pants are designed to wear over cloth diapers I would try them on over a diaper and see which way
    feels the best to you. My feeling is the tag was just put in the wrong spot.

Tag always in the back, i had horrible results with the cheap sears brand thought i got a deal, I bought garys plastic pants and they work great!!! nice stretch elastics that dont cut of my circulation and leave marks I have both pull up one piece as well as easy change snap ones!! well worht the price i paid!!

The tag in the back is the universal normal place - BUT in some cases it would not matter.
    Confusing the situation sometimes the tag is inside on the left leg seam.
    Madness at best - most diaper covers (plastic and otherwise) can be worn either direction if the
    size is large. A very tight fit would require the correct front to back wearing.
    But for diaper covers one or more sizes larger it would not make much difference.
    Diapers and their covers where not made to be worn skin tight to decrease the diaper rash
    problem. Also tightness tends to squeeze out moisture spreading it to places is should not go.
    Some diaper wearers like the sexy shape (and colors) of well fitted diapers but babies especially
    ADULT Baby ones should not be too concerned about the sexy fit of diapers they are way too
    young for that sort of stuff. Way too much knowledge for the Adult Baby.

Hey, Dbannn

I also have a lot of questions regarding plastic pants. I have two pairs of plastic pants that have no tag at all. Really confusing, since I haven't used them for a really long time (you know what I mean, when I was a baby/toddler).
    So, I used them and found that it doesn't really make a difference how I wear them.
    The main problem I have with my plastic pants is that they don't fit very well. My diaper always sticks out in the back, and the waistband isn't tight enough. Couple that with the fact that I'm kinda overweight (40 pounds or so) and self-conscious about the way they look on me.
    I don't know about the 'self-conscious' thing, since no one ever sees me anyway, (!) but I just want them to look good......
    I've heard about other brands but haven't really looked-into them. I think I'll try the button-on type to see if I can get better coverage. And, I hope, a better 'look.'

I've fussed with front and back, and it seems that the back always seems a little shorter than the front. I've decided that it's how the diaper fits on us rather than the plastic pants. I like the Leakmaster high top plastic pants. They're soft and they cover a cloth diaper with a little to spare and that prevents leads while sleeping. I have a couple pair of PUL plastic pants, one small and one medium, and they both have trouble covering the back of the diaper no matter how they're worn.

The location of the tag isn't anything to go by. I have a pair of the Comfort Vinyl pants from Changing Times, and the tag is on the outside front, and not centered. And that appears to be by design. Like underwear, most plastic pants are narrower in front. Lay them out and press them flat, and things should become clear. If not, well then I guess it doesn't matter.