Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Questions

Default Few Questions

Just had a few questions and figured I would post them all here instead of making multiple posts.

1. What are some tricks, tips or advice for wearing diapers to bed? I find that as the night goes on the diaper can get loose and start to come off, bunch up between the legs, sag, etc. Curious to know if anyone else experiences this? By morning the diaper is in rough shape before its even wet.

2. What are some discreet diapers for wearing outside the house? Are pull ups better for outdoor wear as opposed to briefs? I don't plan on going out in public but the odd time would not mind going out for a hike or other outdoor activity while padded, but want to be discreet.

3. Diapering with a belly, I have a few problems when it comes to diaper sizing the first being that I do not fit a medium, but am at the lower end of the scale on the large diapers. This means the diapers are usually fairly big on me but need the large to be comfortable and for them to fit. The second problem is I do have a belly. When unfolding the diaper and pulling it up between my legs it wants to sit and tape up below my belly button. If I do this it eventually wants to ride down below my belly, any tips or tricks to getting a better fit with diapers and a gut?

1. don't know, i've never had that problem

2. the only public wearing i've done is to the library and theater...they don't get much chance to crinkle because i'm sitting down. other than that you could wear baggy clothing to hide the bulge; and in the colder day
    of the year a long coat works great.

3. well you could try doubling up on them so the 2nd one fits better; other than that you could try losing the belly.(not trying to be mean, just sounds like you could use diapers as a source of motivation)
    Last edited by SleepyTyrant; 24-Jun-2014 at 23:39.

Im a very wild sleeper, always rolling around, moving, shifting, etc...likely plays a roll in it.

I like the belly, sure I could stand to loose some more weight but I have been eating healthier and getting out more for exercise, but its not something I am actively trying to get rid of, I am about being healthy as opposed to losing weight for the most part, have actually lost around 50lbs since this time last year just by a change in diet and a little exercise.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by DLKinkster View Post
    1. What are some tricks, tips or advice for wearing diapers to bed? I find that as the night goes on the diaper can get loose and start to come off, bunch up between the legs, sag, etc. Curious to know if anyone else experiences this? By morning the diaper is in rough shape before its even wet.
    My only answer to you is to get a better diaper. I've never had this problem either, but i've also only worn and wet bambinos or abena's to bed. Many diapers are marketed for "night time use" but rarely are they ever dependable. If you are already wearing top quality diapers, then you might have to consider that you could be putting them on incorrectly, or not tight enough. There are many factors.

2. What are some discreet diapers for wearing outside the house? Are pull ups better for outdoor wear as opposed to briefs? I don't plan on going out in public but the odd time would not mind going out for a hike or other outdoor activity while padded, but want to be discreet.
    any diaper that isn't thick as hell is good for outdoor stuff ~ i've worn out in public many times, i've even gone on vacation with only diapers to wear, as long as its not TOO thick, you should be fine. I wouldn't recommend pull-ons even for private use, as they are all generally crappy. Just make sure you tape it on nice and tight, and wear something comfortable that isn't too tight or form fitting.

3. Diapering with a belly, I have a few problems when it comes to diaper sizing the first being that I do not fit a medium, but am at the lower end of the scale on the large diapers. This means the diapers are usually fairly big on me but need the large to be comfortable and for them to fit. The second problem is I do have a belly. When unfolding the diaper and pulling it up between my legs it wants to sit and tape up below my belly button. If I do this it eventually wants to ride down below my belly, any tips or tricks to getting a better fit with diapers and a gut?
    I really don't want to sound mean when I say this but, if you want an easier way to get around the belly issue, try doing some cardio ~ i mean if you're happy the way you are then fine, but that is going to continue happening... I mean look at it this way, I dont have a belly anymore, but when I use to have a small one, the same thing would STILL happen to me with medium, and didnt happen with large diapers because it would ride up all the way past my belly button and half of my back. I wear mediums just fine now because i dont have a belly, but the only other alernative i can give you is that you buy XL diapers instead. You'd be surprised how much belly fat you could lose by just doing an hour of cardio a day... my waist went down from 38 to 32 in a month because although im on female hormones, i still have a bit of testosterone left to burn the fat quick and easy. Take advantage of your male hormones and burn that belly in as little as 1-2 months with just an hour of cardio a day. The belly problem might also be the cause of question number 1, it could result in an ill-fitting diaper which could result in malfunctions.. so for all I know you are diapering like a master at your craft, but your body proportion is keeping it from functioning properly ~ at this point one would have to know what your waist/hip measurements are to see exactly how much of a problem it is, as its hard to tell without measurements (for me at least)

Have been wearing Abena L4's and fabinos as of late, so the higher end diapers. I have been playing around with putting them on..have always found it hard self diapering and getting a nice snug fit. Still in the works of trying different things, have always done bottom tapes first, then tops, and have started playing with top tapes first then bottom, and trying the way that the abena video shows to put them on, bottom tapes angled up top tapes angled down. Still going to need some more practice I think but may be snugness along with my active sleep habits that are playing a role.

Might try a few XL diapers to see if that works...although I may just continue to work on eating healthy and maybe introducing some more exercise, might be the easiest option but yet again I love my curves:P

1. I would try sleeping on your side (unless you're a bedwetter) with a pillow between your legs. This should allow any diaper to stay put better, and expose more surface area for if you do wet. Granted, side sleeping is generally anathema to our little thing, but it does seem to help me.

Snug fitting plastic or rubber pants help a lot. They keep the diaper snug. It helps forgive poor technique or fidgeting.

I like to wear either cloth diapers or Wearever Maximum male briefs, with a disposable booster inside, plastic pants outside. Occasionally I wear a good quality disposable diaper, and on those occasions I wear a pair of boxer briefs over the diaper just to hold everything in place.

Hi I have a bit of a belly too and experience much of what you have, it may be worth giving large tena slip maxis a try as I found these fit way better than l4's and moli sp's also wellness superio fit well too not quite as absorbant as tena maxis though. As the previous post said fixation pants or similar really help to keep things where they're meant to.

I think taping below the belly is the only way to stay put. I find that if I try to go too high up, it is more likely to shift down and then be too loose, which will eventually leak or move around. Better to have a little bulge lower with extra diaper then to stretch it out.
    For discreet but OK absorbancy, try a large Tranquility slim fit, possibly with a booster if you need more capability. It is real thin and holds an OK amount for its discreetness. I agree that you need to wear some tight fitting item over the diaper. I prefer a boxer brief with the longer legs. It helps keep everything in place and gives a little early warning if a leak does occur. At night, I may wear a plastic pant over that.