Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh! Diapers in the news again!

Default Uh oh! Diapers in the news again!

Not sure if anyone saw it yet, but we all remember the Lisa Nowak incident in the news... This probably isn't any better:

Cop Killers Were Heavily Armed, Wore Diapers, Police Say - ABC News

why do I have the feeling this migh blow up hugely in our face. i hope im just overeacting

Sounds like the diaper aspect might've been a "tactical" one for these nutjobs. I.e. 'If I have a diaper on I can hunker down in this one place and shoot for much longer and I won't have to worry about having to go to the bathroom'.

Maybe not. Kind of a crazy concern if you ask me but maybe they thought they'd survive it a long long time.

Yeah, by no means is this about us or would it ever blow up in our faces. Yeah diapers are an oddity in the news but I think its just to show how "prepared and thought out" it all was. And for two, it would be like saying people who drink the same water they carried into the store are going to feel repercussions because they drank Aquavista and so do I. It won't affect us in that way because the diapers didn't make them crazy, it just shows how much planning went into all of it and its a catchy title. I mean, it got us to all read it.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by dprlvr1 View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw it yet, but we all remember the Lisa Nowak incident in the news... This probably isn't any better:

Cop Killers Were Heavily Armed, Wore Diapers, Police Say - ABC News
    Nowhere in the article does it say they wore diapers apart from in the story title, unless I'm missing something.

"Jerad and Amanda Miller wore adult diapers and carried four handguns, a shotgun, water and food, Gillespie said."

-RMS

Nothing to see here, move a long folks. They planned to be in the store for an extended period of time

Pulluplover

And to think I though I was strange!

They mention that they were prepared to be in the store for as long as they had to be, so really anyone who isn't thinking ABDL is going to be thinking that they wore them so that they could last in a standoff that much longer. Odds are, if they stole ammo from the store, they probably stole the diapers too. They probably had some kind of food with them as well, but that doesn't grab a reader's attention.

Simply put, nothing worth stressing over in this instance.