Thread: Cloth Diapers from Baby-pants.

Default Cloth Diapers from Baby-pants.

Hello again my friends! I recently bought cloth diapers from baby-pants.com and realized.. I don't know how to fold them! Anyone here able to fold them well? As I'd like to figure out how :P

Also they we're kinda rough when I got them and now realize it might be an acquired taste so to speak :P I read that they're gonna shrink and get super fluffy after a couple washes, but I was still relatively surprised at the material.

Anywho, hopefully this will turn out to be a smart purchase Thanks!

Hello

I have all of my diapers from Baby-pants and they are very comfortable at least to me.

There are several ways to fold them and it is a personal preference thing.

I went on to ask how (actually I found it by goggling "how to fold a diaper" and there was 5 real good sites. One had a video of a lady diapering her son (tastefully) and she showed the five most common methods. There was another site and they had step by step instructions for 10 styles.

Hope this helps.

P.S. They also discuss pinning the diapers. The thing to notice is the pictures show one thing and the written instructions follow the pictures but the oral instructions do not do it the same way. Once I learned the angle technique my diapers stay in place.

Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    Hello again my friends! I recently bought cloth diapers from baby-pants.com and realized.. I don't know how to fold them! Anyone here able to fold them well? As I'd like to figure out how :P

Also they we're kinda rough when I got them and now realize it might be an acquired taste so to speak :P I read that they're gonna shrink and get super fluffy after a couple washes, but I was still relatively surprised at the material.

Anywho, hopefully this will turn out to be a smart purchase Thanks!
    Another thing I would recommend is to run them through a couple of wash and drier cycles to remove oils from the diaper.
    This will fluff them up and increase absorbency. Also they'll be a little bit softer plus they'll shrink. You'll enjoy them a lot
    more. Plus when you wash them don't use any fabric softener on them or drier sheets when
    drying them.

Per oleman, definitely wash these a few times first. As a general rule, prefolds -- most cloth diapers, actually -- aren't ready to wear and use until they've been washed 3-4 times. They'll also shrink a lot, which affects both fit and feel.

I have a few Baby Pants prefolds, both in birdseye and twill. TBH, I'm not a fan of the birdseye. It's very functional, but the texture just isn't my thing. I really like the twill and how it quilts up when it shrinks. But these sorts of preferences are very personal.

I was raised in prefolds, so for me, disposables were the acquired taste. They are very different from each other, no doubt. I applaud your bravery. If you find they're not your thing, there are many other and more disposable-like options you might look at also.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 24-Jun-2014 at 05:21.

I like to fold over the end which will become the front, then fold the sides inward at the front, forming a trapezoid. Gives a very good baby feeling, and a good level of protection.

I'm going to parrot Cottontail and say that birdseye is a lot rougher than twill or gauze. I have one birdseye, and all the rest in gauze and twill. I like the pre-fold because I only have to pin the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I like the pre-fold because I only have to pin the corners.
    Watch out for the ones that require you to pin the middle! (Although neutering yourself with a well-placed diaper pin could be an interesting new twist on regression. )

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Watch out for the ones that require you to pin the middle! (Although neutering yourself with a well-placed diaper pin could be an interesting new twist on regression. )
    Haha....ouch! I remember as a kid watching all those old cartoons and some had a character like Donald Duck or Tom from Tom and Jerry being put in the old flat cloth diapers. Yeah.....they were always pinned in the middle. I suppose Tom needed to be neutered anyway. I think those cartoons contributed to my wanting to be in diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha....ouch! I remember as a kid watching all those old cartoons and some had a character like Donald Duck or Tom from Tom and Jerry being put in the old flat cloth diapers. Yeah.....they were always pinned in the middle. I suppose Tom needed to be neutered anyway. I think those cartoons contributed to my wanting to be in diapers.
    I always thought the same thing. Almost every cartoon seems to have at least one baby/diaper related episode haha.

A trapezoidal shape allows for two pins about 10 inches apart. Much better than trying to get it done with one.