Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Buying just one?

  1. #1

    Default Buying just one?

    Lets say I'm off at a college and I have a bit of cash (no way am I making a traceable credit transaction) are there any stores or brands that sell diapers in single units? Or are they just sold in packs? I'd hate to waste a bunch of them for the thrill of using just one in order to avoid having a stash.
    Last edited by Butterscotch; 23-Jun-2014 at 19:09.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Lets say I'm off at a college and I have a bit of cash (no way am I making a traceable credit transaction) are there any stores or brands that sell diapers in single units? Or are they just sold in packs? I'd hate to waste a bunch of them for the thrill of using just one in order to avoid having a stash.

    Butterscotch,

    Most manufacturers actually are willing to send out FREE SAMPLES of their goods (incontinence supplies).
    Tena does, Molicare does... Attends I guess too... and I vaguely remember having seen such offers from depends too.

    Then some online stores (saveexpress in germany, but delivers world wide -> Save Express GmbH) sell individual diapers from some brands too.
    A lot of medical supply stores offer so called "sample packs" which are meant for incontinent people who are trying to find the best product for their needs... as it would be pretty wasteful having to buy a pack of everything you're interested in only to find out it doesn't work well for you.

    Traceable credit transactions:
    Get a cheap prepaid mastercard (or visa)...
    Whilst still "traceable" you're the sole owner of the card, it's not going into your bank files, etc...
    Then there's paypal... as long as its your private account no one will know what you did with paypal.

    Stores as in walk-in-stores though:
    At least in europe many pharmacies have samples from Tena and Molicare In stock (free give aways).
    I assume this is not exclusive to europe).
    And as mentioned medical supply stores are worth a try if you don't want to use the internet.
    But with samples it is usually a one or two time thing - it would be looked at as pretty weird if you'd walk into the same shop five times only to get the samples

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Butterscotch,

    Most manufacturers actually are willing to send out FREE SAMPLES of their goods (incontinence supplies).
    Tena does, Molicare does... Attends I guess too... and I vaguely remember having seen such offers from depends too.

    Then some online stores (saveexpress in germany, but delivers world wide -> Save Express GmbH) sell individual diapers from some brands too.
    A lot of medical supply stores offer so called "sample packs" which are meant for incontinent people who are trying to find the best product for their needs... as it would be pretty wasteful having to buy a pack of everything you're interested in only to find out it doesn't work well for you.

    Traceable credit transactions:
    Get a cheap prepaid mastercard (or visa)...
    Whilst still "traceable" you're the sole owner of the card, it's not going into your bank files, etc...
    Then there's paypal... as long as its your private account no one will know what you did with paypal.

    Stores as in walk-in-stores though:
    At least in europe many pharmacies have samples from Tena and Molicare In stock (free give aways).
    I assume this is not exclusive to europe).
    And as mentioned medical supply stores are worth a try if you don't want to use the internet.
    But with samples it is usually a one or two time thing - it would be looked at as pretty weird if you'd walk into the same shop five times only to get the samples
    Hmm yeah that would look weird, but its what I'll have to do. And I'm not in Europe, I'll be in New York, and I don't imagine places giving away things for free like that. And I guess I could buy online but where would I mail it to? The college? No way. I think the best bet would be a sample pack?

    Or perhaps I should just have a stash, but like a combo lock box for personal junk. My main concern would be a roommate finding out.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Hmm yeah that would look weird, but its what I'll have to do. And I'm not in Europe, I'll be in New York, and I don't imagine places giving away things for free like that. And I guess I could buy online but where would I mail it to? The college? No way. I think the best bet would be a sample pack?

    Or perhaps I should just have a stash, but like a combo lock box for personal junk. My main concern would be a roommate finding out.
    What you have to watch out for buying sample packs from the various online suppliers is that they limit you on how many you can
    buy over a certain time period. Your better off buying a pack and figuring out how you can hide them. The lock box is probably the
    best idea. Almost all of the suppliers ship discreetly so when they get to the mailroom nobody will know what's in the box.

  5. #5
    CrinklySiren

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    (no way am I making a traceable credit transaction)
    traceable??... traceable by who exactly? if its your account and your credit/debit card, the only person who can trace it is you lol unless you give out your information! and either way, most companies don't broadcast their names on account statements for the very reason of being discreet. Goodnites purchases will come up as "Kimberly Clark", or pampers might come out as "Proctor and Gamble" etc. Bambino diapers uses the name "The Bottom Half Group"... the only one that uses their name is AB universe, but most people who arent abdl would look at that and think "this guy must really like working out his abs".

    I personally wouldn't trust free samples because they are never traced and you cant tell when they are arriving, and often times they arent very discreet.. i ordered a 2 pack of free underjams and they arrived wrapped in clear plastic and very viewable by anyone.

  6. #6

    Default

    Just find a local Medical Supply store and go in and ask for Samples. You can pay cash and usually get as many single dips as you want.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Scubadiaper View Post
    Just find a local Medical Supply store and go in and ask for Samples. You can pay cash and usually get as many single dips as you want.
    Brilliant idea! Build your own Variety Sampler Pack!

  8. #8

    Default

    Ebay sells the best samples!!! mostly in 2 packs you pay by paypal and most send discrete!!!!! no shipping lables

  9. #9

    Default

    Idk why but I have a problem with continuously taking free stuff, even something as wonderful as free diapers. And my debit card is linked to my parents account, so they'd end up seeing any paperwork mailed the house. I'm just being extra cautious. I guess I could pay cash for a sample here and there, I'd just have to do some recon and find out the nearest store, considering the closest Starbucks is a 30 minute drive (college in rural NY) ill have to look far and wide :'(

  10. #10
    CrinklySiren

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Idk why but I have a problem with continuously taking free stuff, even something as wonderful as free diapers. And my debit card is linked to my parents account, so they'd end up seeing any paperwork mailed the house. I'm just being extra cautious. I guess I could pay cash for a sample here and there, I'd just have to do some recon and find out the nearest store, considering the closest Starbucks is a 30 minute drive (college in rural NY) ill have to look far and wide :'(
    I suggest you open a bank account under your own name, and deposit whatever money you earn in it. Get a student bank account so that there is no required minimum and then just deposit any self-earned money and they will never be the wiser xD besides, you're 19, your own bank account is well overdue ;D I had my own bank account at 16.

Similar Threads

  1. Used to buying?
    By MadeYouDerp in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-Feb-2013, 09:59
  2. I need help with buying!
    By tappedland in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2012, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.