Thread: Can anyone help identify these buildings in Manhattan?

Question Can anyone help identify these buildings in Manhattan?

So, I'm working on a project and I need help identifying the buildings I have marked and numbered in the picture below (click to see it bigger). If you know the names or addresses of any of these buildings, I really need to know.

I also need to know if any of these buildings are newer than 1962.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helpid2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	21161
    Last edited by JadeDL; 20-Jun-2014 at 22:19.

I doubt anyone will be able to answer, but you should try yahoo, in the architecture section.

That circular building all the way to the right middle is penn station NY. Google Earth that then rotate and zoom you will find the rest. I would figure them out but I'm on my phone. I'll figure them out tomorrow if you or no one else has.

*edit * another starting point. 5th Ave and w 36th is the corner where building 7 is located. But that's the best in gonna get on my phone when I need to be sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    That circular building all the way to the right middle is penn station NY.
    Actually that's Madison Square Garden - the black rectangular building next to it is Penn Station.

Anyway, it turns out my ex-boyfriend knows New York like the back of his hand and was able to help with a few of them (which is odd, because he lives in San Francisco and has actually never been to NYC xD). Google Maps and Bing Maps were a slight help, albeit not much.

The reason I needed to know is because I'm writing a book that takes place 50 years after the Cuban Missile Crisis sparks WW3, and I'm editing this picture to put on my website. So since I'm basically making the city look war-torn, I just edited out any buildings I wasn't sure of and replaced them with generic, unidentifiable ruins. (See hidden text at the bottom, it's a lot more creative than it sounds.)

Thanks anyway, guys! I do appreciate that you at least tried.

And about my book, in case anyone is interested:

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDL View Post
    And about my book, in case anyone is interested:
    I see a lot of people using the term "intergalactic" but not exactly knowing what it means (looking at you, Bioware). Just so you know, in case you don't, it does mean between multiple galaxies, not within the one galaxy. That would be intragalactic or interstellar.

#7: Langham Place, New York, or 400 Fifth Avenue, is a luxury suite hotel and skyscraper located in New York City. Constructed in 2010 as The Setai Fifth Avenue and renamed in 2013, it is one of the tallest building in New York City.

#6: TenantPort
    200 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
    (between 35th & 36th Streets)

#2:Building: 325 Fifth Avenue
    325 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, 10016

#1:The New York Life Insurance Building, New York, located at 51 Madison Avenue, Manhattan, New York City, across from Madison Square Park, is the headquarters of the New York Life Insurance Company.
    Address: 51 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010

#3: The Continental NYC
    885 Sixth Avenue
    New York, NY 10001

#4: 132 W 32nd St
    New York, NY I can't find the exact address but that entrance looks like it goes into that building.

#5: 112 West 34th Street

#8: 1350 Broadway, New York, NY 10018

hint, a lot of these buildings are new you'll just have to find out which ones google maps FTW

lilaznboy got much further than I did... but, here's what I got so far... -Marka

#7:
    Langham Place (Hotel), Fifth Avenue
    400 Fifth Avenue, New York City, NY 10018
    (Formerly The Setai Fifth Avenue) (Manhattan)

#6:
    No. 275 Madison Avenue 1923-1926 Constructed.
    Architect Kenneth Franzheim.
    As Astor Estate Building,
    Marshall Field Estate Building,
    International Combustion Engineering Tower.

#2:
    333 5th Avenue?
    326 5th Avenue?

Actually that's Madison Square Garden - the black rectangular building next to it is Penn Station.
    Also wrong. Penn Station is under MSG. The building is One Penn Plaza.

... I'm basically making the city look war-torn....
    Bronx Warriors springs to mind, aesthetically. and not just that one, there were a number of films which made use of the NY degeneration/remodelling of the late 70s/early 80s.