Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The brain and diapers

Default The brain and diapers

I am currently taking a long road to becoming a neuroscientist, and I would like to take a look at why we like diapers from a neurological stand point. Each brain has its own unique heat signature, some parts of it are more active than others. So it is my belief that those of the AB/DL community, have at least one part of the brain that is active. I honestly think it has nothing to do with childhood, but more the brain has linked a inanimate object (diapers). That when used or worn, or even some cases thought of, our brain releases endorphins, for that happy comforting feeling. I hope to study this more thoroughly once I have my PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureTime View Post
    Sounds interesting :3

Are you looking for subjects to take an fMRI? :P
    Lol that would definitely help :p

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhieme View Post
    I am currently taking a long road to becoming a neuroscientist, and I would like to take a look at why we like diapers from a neurological stand point. Each brain has its own unique heat signature, some parts of it are more active than others. So it is my belief that those of the AB/DL community, have at least one part of the brain that is active. I honestly think it has nothing to do with childhood, but more the brain has linked a inanimate object (diapers). That when used or worn, or even some cases thought of, our brain releases endorphins, for that happy comforting feeling. I hope to study this more thoroughly once I have my PhD.
    Awesome.... If you get into a research roll you can sign me up. I'd love to do a brain scan/FMRI,etc ( at least on first thought)

Google "transitional object" if you haven't already. There are a lot of interesting theories floating around. I think the real breakthrough here, if it ever happens, will come from an enormous amount of data. The trouble with that, commonly cited both by observers as well as those conducting the research, is that there just aren't enough people to study. Fetishists, and particularly those with embarrassing fetishes such as diapers, tend not to turn out in droves for evaluation or treatment.

But! I can't blame you for being interested in this. I'd love to be able to point to a cause, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

It sounds really cool. I'd offer for a scan if I lived over there

Although there are specific structures in the brain that serve specific purposes, (hippocampus for memory for example) I think when you get into higher thought processes such as desires, I don't think you're going to find activity consistently in one small, unique place.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Although there are specific structures in the brain that serve specific purposes, (hippocampus for memory for example) I think when you get into higher thought processes such as desires, I don't think you're going to find activity consistently in one small, unique place.
    I agree, however there may be a similar brain wave pattern or heat fluctuation that could be the same or very similar

Well, I am definitely curious myself. I'd have no issues whatsoever with a brain scan. I wonder if performing sleep studies as well will provide useful information, differences in brain activity between sleeping with diapers, and without.