Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat rash problems.

Default Heat rash problems.

Apparently I'm more prone to heat rash than other people, or maybe it's just a combination of personal temperature preference plus the fact that I'm living in Florida. Obviously, this causes some problems for me, especially wearing diapers for a long period of time (including overnight). Does anyone have any suggestions as tohow to keep heat rash to a minimum while wearing diapers?
    Last edited by NoobSauce; 12-Jan-2009 at 22:53. Reason: bah, spacing is not my friend.

Have you tried a diaper cream (desitin , A&D, Boudreaux's Butt Paste)? It will act as a barrier to minimize wetness on the skin. Some of these contain lanolin, so if you are sensitive to it, read the label!

I haven't tried a diaper cream. How much would it be? I've got about $5 I can use at a Wynn-Dixie (and like $20.00 on an AmEx giftcard that I can probably use at the Wynn-Dixie).

Peachy

Make sure your diapers have a loose fit to allow air circulation between the outside and inside of your diaper.
    Also, reduce the amount of clothing you wear with your diaper whenever possible, and every now and then, just pull back the waistband of your diaper to let some fresh air in.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post
    I haven't tried a diaper cream. How much would it be? I've got about $5 I can use at a Wynn-Dixie (and like $20.00 on an AmEx giftcard that I can probably use at the Wynn-Dixie).
    The prices run anywhere from $2.50- $8.00 depending on what you get. Get the smallest tube you can in case you need to choose another kind.

Hm. Which kind should I get, considering I'm a first-time cream user? And where would it be in the store? Baby aisle?

:bunny: The zinc oxide creams/pastes work well. If you are sensitive to petroleum products, look into Burt's Bees (natural bees wax based formulas) products or the Baby Avalon organics line. These are what my wife gets for me. :bunny:

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post
    Hm. Which kind should I get, considering I'm a first-time cream user? And where would it be in the store? Baby aisle?
    Most likely on the Baby aisle. The desitin has a lot of zinc oxide (a lot) and can be hard to get out from under your fingernails and off your hands (waterproof properties, hard to wash off) I tend to use the A&D a little more (I have both) because the cleanup is so much easier, but I guess I could buy some disposable latex gloves. When you are looking, open the container if you can (check some of the tub sizes) and give 'em a sniff. They have different smells that I associate with "baby" but you may not prefer.

Hm. I'm also thinking of wearing publicly one or two times. Would the cream be able to be smelled while I would be out in public?