Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a major step today

Red face Took a major step today

Lately, I have been wrestling about wearing 24/7 for a weekend out of town I'm doing next weekend. This morning, I decided to pack a couple of diapers I could live without - cheap CVS junk, to try to test wearing in public.

After doing so, I wonder why I didn't before. Nobody noticed, having a undershirt tucked into boxers covering the diaper helped, and it gave me a little bit of confidence to go to a medical supply store and buy Molicares off the shelf via a suggestion someone made here months ago. It felt a bit liberating and it made me wonder why I was so afraid for so long.

I think there's no turning back now. I can't go 24/7 because I work around food but a huge mental block has been taken away and I feel liberated. Anyone know the feeling I speak of?

I so have been there years ago!!! It takes practice to make perfect, the more you know what your diaper can handle the more comfortable your are waring them in public, I use molicare and depends because i can buy local without shipping charges and both hold easily 2 wettings before any chance of leaking in public for me!!

I like going "24/2" for a weekend on occasion, but since I work as a waiter and live in Central California, there's no chance I could wear a diaper to work or even outside the house thanks to the 90-115F degree weather 5 months out of the year. For me it's either inside the house, or on a road trip to a cooler place -- but I have to say, reading all these 24/7 threads has me thirsting for a diapery stint...

Nice, OP that liberating feeling is always epic. I remember how awesome it felt after I successfully purchased padding for the first time, it may have not been a big deal to others but for me it was a huge accomplishment. I'm not at your confidence level yet though, I still haven't mustered up the courage to visit a medical supply store, every time I say I'm going to do it, I chicken out and order online lol. I think I will get to that level eventually though, only after I have become more comfortable with my DL side.

Well done on taking that step Dohmer. Keep us posted will your experiences.

That's awesome. It seems like so many AB/TB/DL have fear of going to the store and buying diapers. They're afraid someone will recognize and see them, the cashier will say something, or they'll look weird in the diaper aisle. Really, none of this is reality. You could see someone you know, but probably not. Even if you do, have a story ready to give them about your purchase. Cashiers don't usually give a crap about what you're buying. Sure, they may think to themselves what you'll do with the diapers, but why should you care what they think? Also, millions of people buy diapers everyday for different reasons. Medical, parenting, babysitting, incontinence....you see where I'm going with this. No one should feel so nervous that they're petrified about buying diapers. I will say from experience that the hardest part of it is actually going out and doing it. It's awkward, but once you do it you'll feel so much better. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I started wearing 24/7 about a year ago I mostly buy on line. I have visted walgreens to buy depends and tena pullups , recently a medical supply company moved in the mall close to my house I went there and bought a case of tena ultra stretch kind of like them, also wear ATN once and a while. I even wear to work because I mostly work alone. I have a trip planned nervous about flying the first time this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrick View Post
    I started wearing 24/7 about a year ago I mostly buy on line. I have visted walgreens to buy depends and tena pullups , recently a medical supply company moved in the mall close to my house I went there and bought a case of tena ultra stretch kind of like them, also wear ATN once and a while. I even wear to work because I mostly work alone. I have a trip planned nervous about flying the first time this way.
    Carefull with that, and don't wet it if you can avoid it, if you get frisked, it's just going to be awkward.

I'd like to note that if you work in food service, your considerations for whether or not you wear a diaper recreationally should start and end with the fact you work in food service.

ksizzle1990

Ooooh the temptation and this thread is not helping