Thread: Toe Shoes / Barefoot Shoes

Default Toe Shoes / Barefoot Shoes

Over the past few years toe shoes have become an increasingly popular footware choice and you can now buy them on the high street. I've always had difficulty finding shoes that fit me properly and, about a year ago, I tried a pair of toe shoes on the off-chance that they might be good.

I was in shock - they were actually comfortable! I'd never worn shoes that fit me so well, so naturally I bought a pair on the spot. I've now been wearing them as my standard casual trainers for quite a while and I'm convinced they're one of the best things I've ever bought.

They do take a bit of getting used to, and they undeniably look a little weird. However, as someone who has a bedroom full of plushies and padding, I think weird is good! In fact I've just bought a brand new pair to replace my current shoes (which are rapidly falling to pieces):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toe_shoes.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	21151
    My Feet! Top: New Vibrams; Bottom: Old Adidas

So, it's probably obvious that I like them, but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks of toe shoes. Do you like them? Do you own a pair? Or do you think they're an abomination?

Do you have to use toe socks, too? Makes me think of Beast from x-men. In a good way. I have the sandals with a thong for every toe! Very comfortable and good for your feet and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyfur View Post
    Do you have to use toe socks, too?
    They're designed to be worn without socks, but you can wear toe socks with them if you like.

Thanks to you, I just bought a pair! The vibram ones are like 65% off with free shipping at 6pm.com, too! Thanks!

I have a pair of Vibrams Five Fingers, and I positively love them!

My complaints: They smell. There's no amount of laundering them that makes the smell go away. As a result, I'm more hesitant to wear them out and about.

I love them, though. Mine have no padding, just a minimal sole between me and the terrain. They've helped my posture, and they made running enjoyable for me by forcing me into a proper running form. I followed the clearly stated materials that state it is necessary to very gently ease into activity wearing them, so I had no problems or injuries. Quite the contrary, I had a great time of it, and all the running injuries I would get before are no longer a factor when I try to run.

So yeah, ease into workouts and training with them, and you'll love them!