Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are baby diapers becoming larger in size?

Default Why are baby diapers becoming larger in size?

So as some of you may know I'm a big fan of baby diapers and with a 27 inch waist and a small body stacher I'm able to wear most larger sized baby diapers without modifications, but my question is, when did the demand for larger sized baby diapers come from?

I ask this because it seems kids are getting potty trained later in life, like nowadays a child is more lightly to know how to use an ipad before he or she knows how to use a potty, but who's to blame other then the parents?
    As some of you might remember there was that story from sky news about the increase of reported children ages 4 to 11 coming to school wearing diapers in the UK....again I ask is it the diaper companies bringing out forever more larger sized diapers making it seem more normal to keep kids in diapers until a later age or is it a case that the diaper companies are just trying to keep up with the lazy attitude towards potty training that seems to be the norm nowadays.

Obviously children who have bladder issues is a different story, like myself who was still wearing diapers/pull ups at age 12 because of bedwetting.

It's a true fact baby Diapers are getting larger as time go's on, but why?
    Last edited by MonkeyDoodle; 18-Jun-2014 at 01:01.

We have regressed as a society. Can't wait for Size 10 Pampers!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDoodle View Post
    nowadays a child is more lightly to know how to use an ipad before he or she knows how to use a potty, but who's to blame other then the parents?
    Kids using technology is no big deal. My two year old nephew can navigate around touch based tech relatively easy. In comparison, at his age, I was using my parents' IBM desktop back in the day for relatively simple games and whatnot, such as what he does now. It's not necessarily a 'blame' of the parents, but you'd have to take care of a kid to know that.

Regardless, some reasoning comes from being either potty trained later, as well as the higher birth weights and sizes of babies due to advances in medicine and health. They're now healthier, and grow much bigger than before.

Also I would think the obesity problem is a factor in the larger sizes.

Where are the larger sizes we're talking about?

When people talk about larger baby diapers, they often cite Pampers Cruisers 7 as an example, however that diaper simply subscribes to a different set of sizes. It's no larger than a size 6 in any other Pampers product. It's just meant to ride lower. And Huggies are universally smaller in size 6 than any Pampers diaper.

And GoodNites/UnderJams don't really count as they're for bedwetting.

In short: I would look to the major players like Pampers and Huggies for evidence that diapers are getting larger, and there just isn't any.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 18-Jun-2014 at 05:40.

Default Why are baby diapers becoming larger in size?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Where are the larger sizes we're talking about?

When people talk about larger baby diapers, they often cite Pampers Cruisers 7 as an example, however that diaper simply subscribes to a different set of sizes. It's no larger than a size 6 in any other Pampers product. It's just meant to ride lower. And Huggies are universally smaller in size 6 than any Pampers diaper.

And GoodNites/UnderJams don't really count as they're for bedwetting.

In short: I would look to the major players like Pampers and Huggies for evidence that diapers are getting larger, and there just isn't any.
    I tend to agree with this.

In fact, if I remember right, the size L/XL baby diapers of the 90's were actually somewhat bigger than the size 6/7 diapers of today. Goodnites were most definitely bigger back then as well.

As for the 'school aged' kids coming to school in diapers...I have trouble taking that entire report seriously. There is no huge upswing in kids going to school in diapers. Sure kids are training later, but to suggest that school aged kids are showing up in diapers is a tremendous stretch, and definitely not something I'd use to generalize all kids in that age group.

The only thing that has changed is the mindset behind media reporting, and what constitutes 'news' these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    As for the 'school aged' kids coming to school in diapers...I have trouble taking that entire report seriously. There is no huge upswing in kids going to school in diapers. Sure kids are training later, but to suggest that school aged kids are showing up in diapers is a tremendous stretch, and definitely not something I'd use to generalize all kids in that age group.
    i drive a School bus for my school District and last year there were two kindergarden kids (5-6) still in pullups on my bus i also had one 1st Grader in pullups as well, not to mention all but 3 of my Headstart kids were in either diapers or pullups. The school nurse office here actually stocks Pullups (they range from pullups 4T-5T all the way to Goodnites L/XL) and cheap Gym Shorts and sweat pants for kids that have accidents and who's parents are unable to bring them spare clothes (of course that action takes a parent release form but it was enacted by one of the three elementary schools and has since spread to all three) but each school has a washer and Dryer in the nurse office accidents happen and they are put in temporary Clothes and a pullup then the school washes their pants and underwear for them to change back into later, from the experiances my bro has had they will let the child stay in their pullup if he\she wants to and just put the underwear in their backpack once their clothes are done washing (Schools in today's American Society can't force a Child to do something they don't want to for fear of a law suit so to avoid a potential Law suit if a kid wants to wear a diaper and the parents have signed off on it, they get one)

Diapers/Pullups are in-fact Common in the Elementary Schools here where i live. predominatly in Head Start but i have seen kids Up to 10 years old get on my bus with a pullup on in the Afternoon (thats mostly the kids who have regular accidents though) and i had three constant in the morning and one maybe about once every couple months (my Little Brother when he refuses to get dressed so i take him to school as is in his wet pullup and pajamas my kids learn quick either get dressed or get embarrassed.)
    Last edited by w0lfpack91; 18-Jun-2014 at 08:16.

It all ties into our self-entitled, instant-gratification-seeking, lazy-as-fuck, I-don't-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore society of parents taking narcissistic selfies and tweeting while their child is face-down in the bathtub, or parents who spend zero time raising or disciplining their kids. Western culture and ethics are like the Titanic ... they just won't stop sinkin'....

But that's okay because there's this thing called social Darwinism, and while the fucktards dilute themselves with a lifestyle of complacency, that means opportunity for the smart ones -- plus if we're lucky they'll make a size 10 Pampers sometime soon.

A family member took care of an extremely autistic child, 11 years old, and he wore diapers. I'm not sure what kind they used, and I didn't want to ask, but there has to be youth sized, tape on diapers in the market.

Fat kids and lax parenting for the most part. The latter may not be a bad thing as I might not be here today if there wasn't so much pressure to potty train early (though I was a bedwetter for a long time which might have something to do with it.)