Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Best 3DS XL Memory Card?

  1. #1

    Question Best 3DS XL Memory Card?

    I plan on buying a 3DS XL the day after thanksgiving (Black Friday), and I was just wondering what memory card I should get for it?

    I heard that the 32GB Sandisk Class 4 is the best 3DS XL memory card, unless I'll only need 16GB?

    I don't plan on buying any DLC or eShop/online exclusives, just physical retail games.

  2. #2

    Default

    Doesn't any old SD card work for those things?

    here is the one I got. If you're just using physical games I wouldn't suggest getting higher than 16GB for sure. Honestly I haven't even used 1GB of space yet.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    Doesn't any old SD card work for those things?

    here is the one I got. If you're just using physical games I wouldn't suggest getting higher than 16GB for sure. Honestly I haven't even used 1GB of space yet.
    3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

    That's a relief lol ^_^, more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection .

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerNaruto View Post
    3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

    That's a relief lol ^_^, more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection .
    Oh, god no! The PS3 was the first console to have that. Until this generation came out it was the only one too!

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerNaruto View Post
    3DS games don't have optional or mandatory "game data" installs, like most PS3 games do?

    That's a relief lol ^_^, more money to spend on adding 3DS games to my collection .
    No sir, most 3DS games save onto the cartridges, the ones that don't that I know of are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Tri freedom, and I think Bravely Default saves the village data onto the SD card.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    I think Bravely Default saves the village data onto the SD card.
    It does since you can download the demo and transfer over everything to the retail and/or digital copy. I only keep the demo on my 3ds to help out others via the streetpass.



    the 4GB card that came with my 3ds:XL is enough for:

    mario kart 7
    pokemon battle trozei
    tappingo
    tetris axis
    Ace Attorney: Duel sestinies (newest phenoix wright game)
    excitebike 3d classic
    zelda four swords
    kirby's adventure 3d
    and EA's sudoku
    Streetpass mii plaza

    along with some demos and Nintendo Video.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    Oh, god no! The PS3 was the first console to have that. Until this generation came out it was the only one too!
    Oh wow, I never knew. Thanks for the info.



    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    No sir, most 3DS games save onto the cartridges, the ones that don't that I know of are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Tri freedom, and I think Bravely Default saves the village data onto the SD card.
    That's good to know, was worried about that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The 4GB card that came with my 3DS XL is enough for:

    mario kart 7
    pokemon battle trozei
    tappingo
    tetris axis
    Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies (newest phoenix wright game)
    excitebike 3d classic
    zelda four swords
    kirby's adventure 3d
    and EA's sudoku
    Streetpass mii plaza
    Whoa that's alot of games . Good to know the default 4GB will be enough.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerNaruto View Post
    Oh wow, I never knew. Thanks for the info.



    That's good to know, was worried about that.



    Whoa that's alot of games . Good to know the default 4GB will be enough.
    16 GB SD's cards can be found for like 12 bucks online. I know 3ds/2ds can take up to 32 GB ones.

  9. #9

    Default

    I picked up an 8GB SD card at the source for like $7. It has been plenty for what I need. Although I haven't saved many games to it yet, only a copy of Pokemon Y is on there so far.

  10. #10

    Default

    If you're not buying digital games then i wouldn't go higher than 16. Even with digital games you would have a hard, expensive time filling those Gb's

Similar Threads

  1. earliest memory
    By DannyBBaby in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2013, 08:09
  2. In memory of Nanaki ...
    By statik in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-Aug-2012, 19:36
  3. Earliest memory
    By Gemini in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 29-Aug-2009, 14:33
  4. In Memory of ...my last diaper! R.I.P.
    By Peachy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 21-Oct-2008, 03:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.