Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What position did you lay in when bed wetting?

soggyboy

Default What position did you lay in when bed wetting?

I was a mild but regular bed wetter until 11. Friday and Saturday nights I would wear a disposable nappy to bed, as I would stay up later and be more tired, during the week I would generally wear thick training pants and plastic panties.

I did occasionally not wake up and flood the bed, but mostly would wake up either just before or just after I started to leak. And leak is the proper word. I would not have a sudden or total release, but would tend to just slowly dribble. For this reason the trainers worked fine most of the time.

I wouldn't wear pyjama bottoms, as this was just another restrictive layer to remove. Usually I would have a dream that involved me peeing, either in a toilet or swimming pool, but sometimes in my pants after being told it was ok to do so. I would wake up just as I started to dribble or just before, and even then it would be to late to wait without going a bit.

Many's the time I would wake up dry, and start hurrying to the toilet with my hands clenching the front of my plastic pants, and feel them grow a bit warm and heavy on the way.

I seemed to sleep laying on my tummy, but would roll onto my back before I started peeing. I think that's what would wake me, first the rolling over must've been like a signal that disaster was imminent, followed by the trickling sensation over my privates and bum. When I did sleep through the whole thing, it didn't seem to matter how I was laying, I would just wake up soaked in any position.

Apologies if it's been asked before but I'm interested.

How did you guys (and gals) lay when you wet?

Lozza1979

If I'm going to wet my nappy in bed it will usually be lying on my back, but I will do it in any position if I feel like it.After wetting I usually just go back to sleep.

I find that for cloth diaper wetting, back is best. In a snug diaper, the trickle effect is much reduced. Face down works also, but hurts my neck. Side is a little less secure.
    I once practiced actual bedwetting, during which anytime I woke up needing to go, I rolled face down, released and went back to sleep. Doing this while laying on my back had the the trickle effect you speak of, and tended to wake me up more readily. After enough repetition of this, I started waking up wet.

How long did that take? I usually sleep on my stomach... have a cloth diaper on for the first time tonight. Feels a lot less constricting than the disposables, maybe that'll help.

laying on the back is best it always finds itself to the rear padding as well as front when i sleep and wet sideways even with plastic pants i leak with only quarter of diaper wet

Quote Originally Posted by Pamperable View Post
    How long did that take? I usually sleep on my stomach... have a cloth diaper on for the first time tonight. Feels a lot less constricting than the disposables, maybe that'll help.
    Weeks to months. Takes a lot of practice to overcome the training we have been given for a lifetime.
    On the plus side, I did not find it to be permanent. It was easy to quit.

Then too, when I want to be wet, I always drink sufficient water in the evening. When I want to be dry, I don't.
    Last edited by BlueGrey; 17-Jun-2014 at 05:22.

Always wet when laying on back.No leakage and love the trickle feeling

Quote Originally Posted by soggyboy View Post
    I was a mild but regular bed wetter until 11. Friday and Saturday nights I would wear a disposable nappy to bed, as I would stay up later and be more tired, during the week I would generally wear thick training pants and plastic panties.

I did occasionally not wake up and flood the bed, but mostly would wake up either just before or just after I started to leak. And leak is the proper word. I would not have a sudden or total release, but would tend to just slowly dribble. For this reason the trainers worked fine most of the time.

I wouldn't wear pyjama bottoms, as this was just another restrictive layer to remove. Usually I would have a dream that involved me peeing, either in a toilet or swimming pool, but sometimes in my pants after being told it was ok to do so. I would wake up just as I started to dribble or just before, and even then it would be to late to wait without going a bit.

Many's the time I would wake up dry, and start hurrying to the toilet with my hands clenching the front of my plastic pants, and feel them grow a bit warm and heavy on the way.

I seemed to sleep laying on my tummy, but would roll onto my back before I started peeing. I think that's what would wake me, first the rolling over must've been like a signal that disaster was imminent, followed by the trickling sensation over my privates and bum. When I did sleep through the whole thing, it didn't seem to matter how I was laying, I would just wake up soaked in any position.

Apologies if it's been asked before but I'm interested.

How did you guys (and gals) lay when you wet?
    Believe you’re asking in regard to sleep wetting. Given that, for the most part by the time I wake up the wetness has spread to the point there’s no way of knowing position when it happened. However, over the years I have woken during or soon after the act on both my sides and back and never on my stomach. So I guess that answers the question.

I’m intrigued by your “rolling over before” comment. Out of perverse curiosity, some time ago I setup a crude recording system to explore my bed-wetting. One revelation was that I often adjust my sleeping position thirty or so seconds before wetting. For lack of a better explanation, I think the movement is to get into a more comfortable position to urinate. Wonder if other sleep wetter’s do the same?

I wear cloth every night It can be either a Dependeco AIO or a twill prefold from CTDC and plastic pants. I probably pee 90% of the time
    on my side. The other 10% it's on my back. On my back I like the warm feeling when it's running down my crack into the back of my soaker
    pad inside my AIO. In kind of an answer to WBxx's question I find that I usually move into the fetal position on my side then I pee. I don't
    think that I go on while I'm lying on my side with my legs laying straight out. When lying like that I'm usually kind of twisted on my side.

When I'm on my back I sometimes pull my knees up and spread them a little and let go.