Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy CRAP!

SnowQueen

Default Holy CRAP!

I'm still freaked out and its been two and a half weeks since it happened! So at my church there is a nursery. Well Confirmation students sign up to be the "Nursery Attendant". Well, this one Sunday, I just happen to be the Nursery Attendant.

So multiple teachers of mine to go to my church, and my Band teacher (whom I do not like) dropped off his 6-month old daughter, Jenny. So I'm sitting here playing with Jenny on a blanket, and she starts to cry. So I pick her up and start bouncing her a little. Well I have my back turned to the door, and a guy came in with a gun on his belt and a knife in his hand! I turned around to see him start walking towards me, and I ran into the bathroom. I shut the door and locked it, but he shot through the door and a bullet ripped through my hand! I moved away from the door, but by now the other people had heard the shot and were running towards the Nursery. Well, a retired Policeman just happened to be one of the many clomping foot-steps and he did some move and literally knocked this guy down. The guy was arrested, and his court thingy is in a few weeks.

So I'm extremely freaked out and paranoid about basically everything! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get over this?

A violent assault like that just two and a half weeks ago - were you hospitalized or what? You or the baby could have been killed. You probably should be seeing a professional counselor regarding this trauma (should be covered by victims assistance, if not by the church's insurance. The church or it's insurer may be liable for this event - not providing adequate security for members. Further here may be grounds for a lawsuit. If you are a minor your parents will need to initiate any legal actions.

I'd recommend therapy as well, though suing the church probably isn't the best idea.

How is your hand? I can't imagine being shot, like you were. Ouch.

Can't add anymore to the suggestions about seeking professional help to deal with this horrible experience. Just wanted to say I'm glad you and the baby in your charge weren't killed. You are to be commended on your quick action to thwart whatever sinister plans this guy had until help could arrive.

~Pramrider

Take comfort in the knowledge that you did the right thing. You got away from the danger and saved someone else. Also, they caught the guy, so you don't have to worry about him hurting someone else. I'm sorry this happend and you got hurt. I hope your hand will heal up as good as new.

I think it's a natural enough reaction to be scared even well after the fact, but I hope you can let it go. There are definitely people out there who think little of hurting someone, but they're a tiny minority. To let one person change you in fundamental ways with actions that likely meant very little to him, strikes me as the wrong reaction. Your mind is going to need to heal just like your hand. And you're going to have to exercise it so it doesn't stay weak. As others have said, talk to a professional if that seems right. Talk to anyone that will help you get it into a reasonable perspective. Ultimately, you're going to have to do the work.

Best wishes for your speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by SnowQueen View Post
    I'm still freaked out and its been two and a half weeks since it happened! So at my church there is a nursery. Well Confirmation students sign up to be the "Nursery Attendant". Well, this one Sunday, I just happen to be the Nursery Attendant.

So multiple teachers of mine to go to my church, and my Band teacher (whom I do not like) dropped off his 6-month old daughter, Jenny. So I'm sitting here playing with Jenny on a blanket, and she starts to cry. So I pick her up and start bouncing her a little. Well I have my back turned to the door, and a guy came in with a gun on his belt and a knife in his hand! I turned around to see him start walking towards me, and I ran into the bathroom. I shut the door and locked it, but he shot through the door and a bullet ripped through my hand! I moved away from the door, but by now the other people had heard the shot and were running towards the Nursery. Well, a retired Policeman just happened to be one of the many clomping foot-steps and he did some move and literally knocked this guy down. The guy was arrested, and his court thingy is in a few weeks.

So I'm extremely freaked out and paranoid about basically everything! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get over this?

I don't mean to upset you........but wouldn't this have made the news?..........sounds a little too fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    I don't mean to upset you........but wouldn't this have made the news?..........sounds a little too fantastic...
    Probably on the local news there because not ever things makes it to the national news. Anyway, that fuck up, any reason why he would do that in the first place? and hope your hand feel better soon.

If you don't know what to do go to your doctor. He'll be able to send you to the help you need.

Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    No.

Anyway Got any pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Probably on the local news there because not ever things makes it to the national news.
    If it bleeds it leads. Anyways I love how people shot random people for no reason, I mean in a church, in a nursery, at some random teenager's hand. Frankly I find it a bit hard to believe, hell in fact I don't believe it at all.

Anyways as for moving on from it, you just move on from it. The likelyhood of that happening at all let alone twice is VERY high. Even I rode in a car like 15 mins after the car I was riding it rolled over. :P

Edit: Well I did a search trying to find any story like this from national and local media and I couldn't find any. I am sure at least the local news would of covered it. Now this isn't to prove that SnowQueen is lying, all it does is reinforce that I think she is lying.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 13-Jan-2009 at 06:50.